Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there a formal name or alternative rep for PDE statement?

  1. Jan 14, 2016 #1
    For a vector field (ux, uy, uz), I wonder if anybody knows if there is a formal name or another mathematical expression for statement below?


    It is obvious that each of partial derivatives used in the statement can be found in Jacobean of a vector field u.
    I would appreciate any suggestions and/or comments.
    Kind Regards,
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook