Is there a serious IQ exam to be taken on the internet?

In summary, the IQ exam that can be taken online is not as legitimate as people think. It is not timed, so it is not as accurate. It also does not test for creativity.
eaboujaoudeh
is there a serious IQ exam to be taken on the internet? if possible for free, just feel curious about my IQ

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.iqte.st/iqtests/index.html [Broken]

if it's not timed then it's not legit. IQ takes into account how fast it takes u to think too... but usually internet tests are not "official" anyway, it's a pretty close ballpark tho give or take.

a good test should also tell what your IQ is for the specific areas it takes into account. I get really high in some things (logic, language), and on the low-normal side for math, patterns... something like that could bring down your overall score, even though you are normal/above average, etc. in specific areas.

i wouldn't really take IQ tests too seriously anyway... there is obviously more to intelligence/genius than how fast you can reverse a series of numbers in your head and that sort of thing... it leaves out a lot I think.
IQ tests don't test for creativity for example. is being able to create a beautiful piece of art, or a new and original scientific theory not a process of the mind too?

that's a different discussion though hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yeah you're right about it all..but u know all those ppl talking about their IQ's gets u thinking, i took a test before that gave me grades on several sections, and i scored 137 which is too good to be true, so i wanted another test to validate :)

eventually everyone has a chance to learn how to be successful, i.e. what kind of behavior is beneficial. for example they may read it in a book. someone with a high IQ may be able to read that book faster.

But what matters is who has the determinatiion and will power to actually do what they have learned.

Are you maybe speaking of tickle test? I took a test there once with bogus results and then they wanted me to pay to get a "better picture of my intelligence" through detailed analysis, oh and you get a certificate too so you can show your friends! :tongue:

I think its a scam, maybe happy people are more likely to buy the assessment?

Last edited:
dontdisturbmycircles said:
Are you maybe speaking of tickle test? I took a test there once with bogus results and then they wanted me to pay to get a "better picture of my intelligence" through detailed analysis, oh and you get a certificate too so you can show your friends!

lol no, i wouldn't trust my intelligence to anything with a screen that asks for money.

you test what areas you excel in (or not). IQ tests look for very specific skills, we all do better in some types of questions and worse in others (well, most of us; there are some amazing brains out there too).
for example, savants tend to have very high intelligence in one specific area, and very poor in all the others... people with certain learning disabilities tend to be the opposite, we can have normal or very high in everything, and lower in only one specific area.

Yea definitely.

I found it funny. The certificate thing especially. :tongue2:

tickle was one of them, i got way high..i know I'm smart, but I'm definitely not using more than 10% of my brain :P..if i was i would be in class right now :P

98th percentile..wooww I'm a genius..i feel bad about not giving them my money :P

Want a tougher IQ test...

Try http://www.highiqsociety.org/iq_tests/" one :)

Last year, just for giggles, I signed up with Tickle, took their for-pay test and ended up getting a perfect score (144). I think it's definitely dumbed down to make people feel good about themselves.

The above test is probably more accurate as it's timed. I only got 125 on that one and I'd say about 10-15% of my answers were complete guesses so it's more likely 110 to 115

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
well yeah i got 126, so i can join their society..even though I've never heard of it before, and they want me to pay 89$..yeah right

wow... I was curious to see how bad it would affect my results to take it after a long night and a few drinks (not even that many: 1 beer and 2 drinks -- but it's 8:10 AM, so most of it is tiredness methinks), so i just took the test posted by ktoz ... and my score went down by over 20 points! -- it really makes you think about the importance of sleep when studying or if your work requires using your brain -- and not drinking on the job, but i hope that goes without saying! hahaha

hahahahahaaha

i hope u don't try to help any1 with his homework now :)

1. What is an IQ exam and why is it important?

An IQ exam is a test that measures a person's intelligence quotient, or IQ. It is important because it can provide insight into a person's cognitive abilities and potential for success in various fields.

2. Is there a legitimate IQ exam available to take on the internet?

Yes, there are several reputable IQ exams available to take online. However, it is important to research the source and validity of the exam before taking it.

3. How do I know if an online IQ exam is accurate?

An accurate IQ exam should be standardized, meaning it has been tested and validated on a large and diverse sample of individuals. It should also have a reliable scoring system and be administered in a controlled setting.

4. Can I improve my IQ score by taking an online exam multiple times?

No, the score on an IQ exam is meant to be a representation of a person's innate intelligence and is not likely to change significantly with repeated testing.

5. Are online IQ exams suitable for everyone?

Online IQ exams may not be suitable for individuals who have certain learning disabilities or language barriers. It is best to consult with a professional before taking an online IQ exam if you have any concerns about its accuracy for your specific situation.