Is there a way to see who has visited our page in facebook and how

• Thread starter En_lizard
  • Start date
In summary, you can customize what kind of things you see on your Facebook page by selecting "privacy settings" and selecting "customize." You can select "everyone," "only friends," or "only me." If you choose the setting of each fact about yourself to be "everyone can see this," then it's isn't much of a violation of your privacy if people look at it. However, deleting your account requires you to dig around in their FAQ for the correct link, and even then it takes 7 days for them to delete your account.

are you a member of facebook?

• Total voters
En_lizard
is there a way to see who has visited our page in facebook and how many time people visited our profile?:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org

I had a facebook account for about 2 weeks. It was a terrible experience, and I deactivated my account.

Between people I had hoped to never hear from again trying to contact me and people I did accept spamming me with a half-dozen silly game invitations per day, I couldn't take it anymore.

Jack21222 said:
I had a facebook account for about 2 weeks. It was a terrible experience, and I deactivated my account.

Between people I had hoped to never hear from again trying to contact me and people I did accept spamming me with a half-dozen silly game invitations per day, I couldn't take it anymore.

But you can customize what kind of things you see, it allows you to block all those game invitations.

En_lizard said:
is there a way to see who has visited our page in facebook and how many time people visited our profile?:confused:

I do not have an account but I am pretty sure that is part of facebook privacy policy that you are not able to see who visits your account.

bp_psy said:
I do not have an account but I am pretty sure that is part of facebook privacy policy that you are not able to see who visits your account.

that's silly! they support the privacy of those who sneak into someone's life and don't let that person about their identity?:confused:

I started an account to try to contact an old friend. They wouldn't let me use my handle unless I gave them my mobile number which I was not about to do. So my account showed my fake name that I use for my email instead and no one knew who I was anyway so no one even looked at the messages I sent them.

At any rate I quickly deactivated the account but then just a few months ago I received an email telling me that my account had been reactivated. I emailed them to let them know that someone else was apparently trying to activate my account and they emailed me back asking for information so they can reactivate my account for me. I told them I did not want my account activated I just wanted to let them know that someone was apparently trying to activate my account. They never responded so now I have no idea if I have an account or if someone else is using it or what.

do you guys consider facebook as of the fluential phenmonan in 21 century which can help people to join for group works or riots against governments?

En_lizard said:
that's silly! they support the privacy of those who sneak into someone's life and don't let that person about their identity?:confused:

If you choose the setting of each fact about yourself to be "everyone can see this", then it's isn't much of a violation of your privacy if people look at it. Facts, photographs, group memberships, viewpoints, email, etc. can be set individually to "everyone" or "only friends" or "only me." To set each one individually, click on account : privacy settings : customize.

TheStatutoryApe;2753493At any rate I quickly deactivated the account but then just a few months ago I received an email telling me that my account had been reactivated. I emailed them to let them know that someone else was apparently trying to activate my account and they emailed me back asking for information so they can reactivate my account for me. I told them I did not want my account activated I just wanted to let them know that someone was apparently trying to activate my account. They never responded so now I have no idea if I have an account or if someone else is using it or what.[/QUOTE said:
I've heard of similar stories from people I know - there always seems to be a fuss about trying to deactivate accounts - I suspect they make the procedure more complicated than necessary on purpose to keep a huge number of users "active".

radou said:
I've heard of similar stories from people I know - there always seems to be a fuss about trying to deactivate accounts - I suspect they make the procedure more complicated than necessary on purpose to keep a huge number of users "active".

Well, "deactivating" an account is pretty easy, deleting the account altogether is difficult. To reactivate the account, all you have to do is sign in. Deleting the account requires you to dig around in their FAQ for the correct link, and even then it takes 7 days for them to delete your account.

If you sign in during those 7 days, they cancel the deletion procedure.

But you can customize what kind of things you see, it allows you to block all those game invitations.

That sounds like work. Besides, I decided that I'd rather not reconnect with anybody from my past, and I keep up with my current friends the old fashioned way.

Jack21222 said:
That sounds like work. Besides, I decided that I'd rather not reconnect with anybody from my past, and I keep up with my current friends the old fashioned way.

Fool. You will be the first consumed in the coming technological revolution. No one will notice your puny existence being wiped from the face of the earthI have a facebook account but I rarely go on it (three or four times a year)

TheStatutoryApe said:
I started an account to try to contact an old friend. They wouldn't let me use my handle unless I gave them my mobile number which I was not about to do. So my account showed my fake name that I use for my email instead and no one knew who I was anyway so no one even looked at the messages I sent them.

At any rate I quickly deactivated the account but then just a few months ago I received an email telling me that my account had been reactivated. I emailed them to let them know that someone else was apparently trying to activate my account and they emailed me back asking for information so they can reactivate my account for me. I told them I did not want my account activated I just wanted to let them know that someone was apparently trying to activate my account. They never responded so now I have no idea if I have an account or if someone else is using it or what.

I'd be really suspicious of that, SA. I get notifications in my various e-mails telling me that my Facebook account has been deactivated/reactivated/someone sent me a message/and etc and asking for various info, and I either a) haven't deactivated or done any of that stuff on an account associated with that e-mail address or b) do not have a Facebook account associated with that e-mail address at all. Those could very well be some sort of malicious e-mails. I'd delete them without looking at them if I were you.

Also, I have a couple of Facebook accounts under names I've used for online gaming, and Facebook has not once asked me for mobile numbers or any specific information beyond giving them a handle to use and a birth date. There's some weirdness with what you described.

GeorginaS said:
There's some weirdness with what you described.

I didn't respond directly to the email or link through it either. I went to facebook itself and sent a report to their tech team through a form. I also changed all of my accounts where I used that same password just in case.

The mobile thing, I have no idea. I have a yahoo email and facebook is associated with yahoo so they automatically imported my name from my yahoo account. When I tried to use a handle instead it asked for my mobile number. Everyone tells me that is weird, all I know is that is what happened. I really didn't care enough to look into it or anything. I think that I started the account around the time of the "internet bully" trial and appeals so they may have been trying out new ideas for preventing people from posing as others on their site. :confused:

En_lizard said:

It is a very good policy. Each user is free to make public as much information as he/she wants.If facebook gave the names of those who visited your profile then they would be giving out information that their members did not personally chose to make public. I for one like to keep my internet activity private.

En_lizard said:
do you guys consider facebook as of the fluential phenmonan in 21 century which can help people to join for group works or riots against governments?

Oh people will join groups on facebook, no doubt. But that'll be it exactly, and nothing more.

In my experience, the facebook people who join "groups" have lackluster will to produce meaningful action on behalf of that group.

For example, there was once a group protesting tuition hikes at my school, with a large membership...but not one word was uttered on the street or in actual protest outside the president's office--nothing. People on facebook will just go back to goofing off, because really, that's all its worth (IMO).

TheStatutoryApe said:
I didn't respond directly to the email or link through it either. I went to facebook itself and sent a report to their tech team through a form. I also changed all of my accounts where I used that same password just in case.

Good move on your part because, coincidentally, today I received that particular e-mail in an e-mail account in no way associated with Facebook. And it was telling me that my account had been reactivated. It's got to be some phishing/scam/nonsense e-mail bs thing.

The mobile thing, I have no idea. I have a yahoo email and facebook is associated with yahoo so they automatically imported my name from my yahoo account. When I tried to use a handle instead it asked for my mobile number. Everyone tells me that is weird, all I know is that is what happened. I really didn't care enough to look into it or anything. I think that I started the account around the time of the "internet bully" trial and appeals so they may have been trying out new ideas for preventing people from posing as others on their site. :confused:

Yeah, maybe. I haven't been on it for that long and the main reason I signed up was to be able to see pictures and follow a friend's trip when she went far away to cool places and was posting her progress. I wanted to see. Beyond that I'm not really sure what to use the thing for.

En_lizard said:
The day facebook allows people to see who have viewed their pages is the day facebook dies.

What I find inconvenient about facebook is my "wall" combines people I know from different sources. Children in the extended family posting about their cute puppies. Old classmates posting about remember the time we all packed into a car and went wherever. Political activists posting alarmist articles from the news. Then with all the people who post about nothing in particular ("Now I'm going to the backward"; "Now I'm turning on the radio."), anything that I might really want to read scrolls off the screen and disappears in a few minutes anyway. It would make more sense if the wall concept were separated into categories.

Plus, constant computer errors at the host. Click on "reply to this message" .. "stack overflow, line 29" Click on "contact this person" .. "out of memory, line 36"

1. Can I see who has visited my Facebook page?

Unfortunately, Facebook does not have a feature that allows users to see who has visited their page. This is to protect the privacy of its users.

2. Is there a third-party app or tool that can show me who has visited my Facebook page?

No, there is no reliable third-party app or tool that can accurately show you who has visited your Facebook page. Any app or tool claiming to do so may be violating Facebook's terms of service and could potentially compromise your account's security.

3. Can I see who has viewed my posts or photos on Facebook?

Facebook does not provide a feature that allows users to see who has viewed their posts or photos. The only way to see who has interacted with your post is by looking at the likes, comments, and shares.

4. Why do some websites claim to show who has visited my Facebook page?

These websites use clickbait tactics to attract users and collect their personal information. They may also ask for payment or downloads in exchange for showing you the information, which can potentially harm your device or compromise your Facebook account.

5. Is there any way to know if someone has been regularly visiting my Facebook page?

No, there is no way to know if someone has been regularly visiting your Facebook page. The only way to see who has interacted with your page is through likes, comments, and shares on your posts.