Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there a way

1. Jan 29, 2005 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is there a way to block a specific user's PMs from being delivered to my inbox without resorting to adding them to my ignore list? I don't want to block all PMs and have no reason to ignore this person's posts on the board, just am getting tired of deleting PMs I don't care to receive or respond to from someone not getting the point that their correspondence is unwelcome (nothing offensive, just getting annoying due to over-abundance). Simply blocking the PMs from that sender would solve the problem easily enough.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2005 #2

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry Moonbear:redface: :!!) :biggrin:

4. Jan 29, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

(And, tribdog, it's not you either...:biggrin:)

Hopefully a more strongly worded reply to the last PM has solved the problem (or perhaps the particular member in question will see this post and have all doubt removed from their mind). I asked here because others may have periodically encountered members who were overzealous with PMs and it would be useful to be able to selectively block PMs without ignoring posts on the board. Right now, I'm only aware of the ability to ignore EVERYTHING from a given member, which is more drastic than the situation warrants.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?