Find a Virtual SR Globe App - SiennaTheGr8

• B
  • Thread starter Grinkle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App Sr
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a virtual SR Globe as a visualization aid. The speaker expresses disappointment in only finding uninspiring single point calculators and asks if the other person is aware of any virtual SR globes. The other person recommends a website that offers scenarios for the SR Globe, but notes that it may not work well on a touch screen. Overall, the conversation highlights the search for a virtual version of the SR Globe.
Grinkle
Gold Member
@SiennaTheGr8 the SR Globe you linked to recently is a wonderful visualization aid.

I was hoping to find an app that is a virtual version, but I haven't been able to, all I've been able to find are relatively uninspiring single point calculators that are about as engaging as converting lbs to kg.

Are you aware of any virtual SR globes?

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Ibix
http://ibises.org.uk/Minkowski.html

It won't work too well on a touch screen, I'm afraid, although you can certainly look at the canned scenarios generated by the buttons at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Likes Grinkle
Thanks, @Ibix - I really like this. I agree its much better on my desktop than my phone.

1. What is "Find a Virtual SR Globe App - SiennaTheGr8"?

"Find a Virtual SR Globe App - SiennaTheGr8" is a virtual reality application developed by SiennaTheGr8 that allows users to explore a virtual globe and learn about different countries, cultures, and landmarks.

2. How does the app work?

The app uses virtual reality technology to create an immersive experience for users. Users can use a VR headset or their mobile device to navigate the virtual globe and interact with different elements on the map.

3. What features does the app offer?

The app offers a variety of features such as 360-degree views of famous landmarks, educational information about different countries, and the ability to customize your own virtual avatar to explore the globe.

4. Is the app suitable for all ages?

Yes, the app is designed to be family-friendly and suitable for all ages. It offers educational content and fun interactive features that can be enjoyed by both children and adults.

5. Can I use the app without a VR headset?

Yes, the app can be used without a VR headset by downloading it on a mobile device. However, using a VR headset will provide a more immersive experience.