Is there Any constant in global human history?

quddusaliquddus said:
Is there any practice, belief, value, etc ... in human history (recorded that is) that has remained constant throughout the ages? Is there nothing we can agree on?
If no, then does it mean that no matter what we agree in the future - there can never be a claim of total universality (of the 'thing' - i.e. belief, practice, value)? :confused:

Lastly - am i making any sense? :redface: :tongue:
You will always find the old in the new ....... not unless you are prepared to completely deny history that things usually carry with them when they evolve. My argument is that if nature did not allow things to evlove and carry their histories with them, and share common elements of those histories, it would be impossible for things, especially life forms such as the humans, to co-exist in the first place. So, the logic is that if things or living beings can co-exist, then there must be something naturally agreeing between them. Chaos may very well exist, but in the end the laws of nature does not permit careless disagreement of co-existing entities.

In terms of the humans, this is even more decisive because even when we delude ourselves that we are different and disagreeing and then start to claim superiority upon others and fight all these wars that we have done for thousands of years, nature laughingly returns us to our original agreeing state of being. Nature always does!

Last edited:
THE MEASURE OF CAUSAL AND RELATIONAL AGREEMENT

This is the conclusion that I derived at since I started philosophising:

....The only way that anything or any living being can completely disagree with the rest of the things with which it stands in natural clarifying relations is if that thing suddenly, either deliberately or accidentally, tumbles onto an ability which permits it to raise itself above ALL causal and relational laws of nature......

This is the ultemate benchmark....and nothing else would surfice!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that all human beings, be they mad, suicidal, or normal, share the powerful urge to exert a psychological framework upon their universe (or inner world) that has certain forms that change little with time and circumstance. The human brain is naturally geared to try and make order out of chaos- an order which almost necessarily serves the end of its own empowerment and growth. Someone who is suicidal might unconsciously perceive existence itself to be the source of disorder...