Is there any history about where you live

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Are you sure those leg bones were not yours:biggrin:
You're joking right ?

I like your pic, it takes me back, so many memories.

Why would he hate the working class, they are the source of his richness. And hating them goes against the definition of philanthropist I read.
He hated unions and the idea of giving his steel workers better working conditions. He routinely used the police of Pittsburgh to end strikes with force through his cohorts (i.e. Frick). But he also valued shared knowledge and experience, hence the libraries and museums.

He hated unions and the idea of giving his steel workers better working conditions. He routinely used the police of Pittsburgh to end strikes with force through his cohorts (i.e. Frick). But he also valued shared knowledge and experience, hence the libraries and museums.
Oh, I see.

jtbell
Mentor
About ten miles north of my town is a minor Revolutionary War battle site. A few miles east from it is a former plantation house where Jefferson Davis and his Cabinet stopped for dinner while fleeing Union troops at the end of the Civil War.

Likes wolram
wolram
Gold Member
About ten miles north of my town is a minor Revolutionary War battle site. A few miles east from it is a former plantation house where Jefferson Davis and his Cabinet stopped for dinner while fleeing Union troops at the end of the Civil War.
Are there many of these plantation houses still in existence,?