My Intel P4 1.5 Ghz System Configuration

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using an Analog Goldstar monitor with a video card, the option of finding an adapter, and the compatibility of the monitor with Windows XP. It is suggested to try changing the monitor to VGA mode in the BIOS, as well as the availability of affordable refurbished VGA CRT monitors. The conversation concludes with the acknowledgement that while most new monitors are digital, there are still many analog monitors available and most video cards come with DVI to VGA adapters.
himanshu121
MY config is
Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
256 MB RAM

Computer science news on Phys.org
himanshu121 said:
MY config is
Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
256 MB RAM

It's not obvious to me why that shouldn't be possible. Is there something special about an "Analog Goldstar monitor"?
Can your monitor be connected to your video card?

You can try looking for an adapter so that it can connect to your video card. If you can get the POST screen (Bios) to come up, then you get WinXP to work.

The other day I saw a refurbished 17" VGA CRT for only 30$.

Unless it is an especially bad monitor, you shouldn't have a problem. People were running 1024x768 at 16bits 10 years ago and that's what you need for XP.

yup, that what I thought initially, why XP won't run on Analog Monitor contrary to what my vendor told me, I think he wanted to screw me.

I changed to VGA mode in BIOS and its running perfectly with 32bit resolution(800X600). I think my monitor is quite old by age but quite young in the nature of output work :smile::smile:

Though most new monitors are digital, there are lots and lots of analog monitors out there and most video cards today still come with dvi to vga adapters.

1. What does "P4" stand for in the Intel P4 1.5 GHz system configuration?

The "P4" in Intel P4 stands for "Pentium 4", which is the fourth generation of Intel's Pentium line of processors.

2. What is the significance of the 1.5 GHz clock speed in this system configuration?

The 1.5 GHz clock speed refers to the speed at which the processor can perform calculations and process data. A higher clock speed generally means faster performance, but it also depends on other factors such as the number of cores and cache memory.

3. How much RAM does this system configuration have?

This depends on the specific configuration, but the Intel P4 1.5 GHz system can support up to 4 GB of RAM. However, older models may have less RAM capacity.

4. Can this system configuration run modern software and applications?

Yes, it can run most modern software and applications, but it may not be able to handle more demanding programs such as high-end video editing or gaming software. It is always best to check the system requirements of the specific software you want to use.

5. Is the Intel P4 1.5 GHz system configuration still relevant in today's technology?

No, the Intel P4 1.5 GHz system configuration is considered outdated and not suitable for current technology standards. It was released in 2000 and has been surpassed by newer and more advanced processors. It may still be functional for basic tasks, but it is not recommended for heavy use.