Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, there are websites that offer free .com names, but they may sell your information or have limitations such as advertisements or limited bandwidth. Alternatively, you can seek support from a wealthy individual or rely on donations to support your website. However, these may not be reliable sources of income.
JamesU
Gold Member
Is there really a website that will let you get a FREE .com name? not free with hosing or $3.00 a month, I mean like, FREE.

I've found some, but I think they sell your info

Physics news on Phys.org
yomamma said:
Is there really a website that will let you get a FREE .com name? not free with hosing or $3.00 a month, I mean like, FREE.

I've found some, but I think they sell your info
There is always a catch with "free" anything. No one is in business to lose money. Not for long at least. :tongue2:

Maybe if they put advertisements all over your website without giving you the revenue

Yes, there are advertisement supported Domains, and a lot of ad-supported sub domains you can get, but they usually have lousy bandwidth and limited... whatever you call it, how much data you can upload.

You could get some billionaire (or even someone less wealthy) to support your site, or take donations if you're doing something constructive with it.

we're taking donations, but we only have like 18 members, most of whom don't even know the site exists. so danations=0.

1. What is "Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling"?

"Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling" is a service that offers individuals the opportunity to obtain a .com domain name for free without having to provide any personal information or sell any products.

2. How does "Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling" work?

The service works by allowing users to search for available .com domain names and register them for free. The registration process does not require any personal information or involve selling any products.

3. Is there a catch to using "Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling"?

No, there is no catch. This service is completely free and does not require any personal information or involve selling any products.

4. Are there any limitations to the types of domain names available through "Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling"?

Yes, the service only offers .com domain names and may have limited availability for certain keywords or phrases. However, there are still many options available for users to choose from.

5. Can I transfer my existing .com domain name to "Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling"?

No, this service only offers free registration for new .com domain names. Existing domain names cannot be transferred to "Get a Free .com Name: No Info Selling".