Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this a bug?

1. Jun 10, 2007 #1

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

A newbie PF user, Prune, has at least two posts, but the post count is given as zero:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=173338
    Is this a bug? Or a feature? :wink: It might be relevant to note that one of the posts in the link cited was moved by a moderator from another subforum.

Also, I noticed that earlier today, the right clicking on the smilies no longer works for me, although the text codes still work.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2007 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It probably means that his posts were in General Discussion. Posting in General Discussion does not increase your post count.

4. Jun 10, 2007 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A feature.

Posts in General Discussion aren't included in members' post counts, as they're like tea-time chat.

5. Jun 11, 2007 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Right-clicking smilies? Try left-clicking. :biggrin: They work fine for me.

6. Jun 11, 2007 #5

Danger

Gold Member

I've had trouble with the smilies a few times as well. Every once in a while the 'framework' line on the right margin moves into the smilie menu. Anything on the outside of that line is unselectable. Usually, that's the 4th & 5th columns. As Chris mentioned, though, the codes still work.

7. Jun 11, 2007 #6

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Got it, thanks, guys! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?