1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this a good schedule?

1. Dec 12, 2015 #1
    Sets and Logic
    Introduction to Modern Physics
    Mechanics 1
    Theory of Knowledge
    Introduction to Biological Anthropology

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2015 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I'd skip the mechanics.

4. Dec 12, 2015 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You've listed five courses, which in my experience looks to be a fairly standard course load, but I have no idea what you're background is, the details of those courses at your school and your additional workload. Some general questions or thoughts that might help you assess something like this yourself...
    1. How do the number of credit hours compare to what is standard at your school? A standard course load should give you enough time to adequately complete assignments, study the material, balance a part-time job and extra-curricular activities and still be social, if you are organized.
    2. What other demands do you have on your time? Do you need to work more than six hours per week at a part-time job? Do you have dependents to look after?
    3. Do you take more time to learn things than most students?
    4. Is there any evidence that any of those courses require more than a standard amount of time to complete?
    5. Of those courses, which ones are you genuinely interested in, and which ones are you taking simply because they are required?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook