1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this a Good Spring Schedule?

1. Nov 11, 2014 #1

sheldonrocks97

Gold Member

Hello everyone,
    I am currently picking my classes for spring semester. This is currently my second semester at university and I am a dual major of EE and Math.

Here is my schedule:

MATE 202-01 4 Materials Engineering I w/ Lab (I need this for an engineering elective and this is what I chose)

ENGL 311-01 3 Creative Writing

MATH 352-01 3 Basic Concepts of Math

MATH 382-01 3 Probability and Statistics

MATH 382L-01 1 Probability and Statistics Lab

MENG 189-01 1 Robotics

Total: 15 Credit Hours

I know I have a couple of challenging classes so I was wondering if all of this is too much to handle. If you have any questions let me know and I will answer them.

Thanks!,

Austin

NOTE: This was an edit from a previous post with some changes with input from my advisor.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2014 #2
    If you are at a point where you need Basic Math, it does not seem that you are properly prepared for Probability and Statistics, or for Robotics.

4. Nov 13, 2014 #3
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "Basic Math" is not simple algebra or something like that. It's a junior level course, haha

5. Nov 14, 2014 #4

sheldonrocks97

Gold Member

"Basic Concepts of Math" is NOT a basic math course. It is essentially a class to introduce students to subjects like complex and real analysis and for other 400 level math classes. It has a prereq of calc II. However, I have taken Calc I-III and linear algebra and I am taking ODE's this semester.

100% correct. It is a 300 level course so it's not like a college algebra class lol.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook