Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this allowed in PF

1. Mar 4, 2005 #1
    A user posts a question in the forum. I asked him to post his solution. He PMs me and asks whether he could PM his solution to me. Is this allowed.

Thanks,

Gamma

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2005 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of course, that's fine. Whatever you do with another user via PM is no one's business but yours.

- Warren

4. Mar 4, 2005 #3

Hmmm.....

*plots evil things with PMs*

hehehe....

Sorry, i just couldn't help myself.

5. Mar 4, 2005 #4
    We have enough evil things with PMS. (no, I just couldn't resist the pun)

6. Mar 11, 2005 #5

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

As Warren said, what you do via PM is up to you (up to a point :wink:). However I'm not too keen on giving private help via PM (except for very quick questions). This a forum, not a private tutoring service: I think all members should be able to profit from seeing solutions and subsequent discussions. That way we all learn.

7. Mar 11, 2005 #6
    Yeah I agree with Doc. If it is something good and could provide usefull to the rest of us, then you should post it. However, if you are like Franz, and you send out a bunch of sex related pms, then I would leave that between the two of you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?