Is BooksRating.com a Legitimate and Legal Ebook Source?

• Thread starter tsuwal
  • Start date
In summary, BooksRating.com is a legitimate and legal ebook source. It is a reputable website that offers a wide selection of ebooks from various genres and authors. They have a secure payment system and comply with copyright laws and regulations, ensuring that the ebooks they offer are obtained legally. Additionally, they have a user-friendly interface and provide reliable customer service. Overall, BooksRating.com is a trustworthy and legitimate source for purchasing ebooks.
tsuwal
This site asks 39.9 $ for a month long membership that provides unlimited downloads of ebooks. Is this reliable/legal?

http://booksrating.com/

Physics news on Phys.org
It appears that they don't actually host any books, but instead simply provide a search engine that takes you to other sites.

http://booksrating.com/account/?action=dmca

I would not pay any money for this service, myself.

I clicked on a digital camera book and instead of costing 8 dollars, it's free for members. Well according to them :)

I think I changed the links. The site I wanted to ask was: http://www.redoneprod.com/old/

I paid 4.70 $ for an ebook and downloaded it. However, the price is way below what it should be

Last edited by a moderator:

As a scientist, it is important to evaluate the reliability and credibility of any source of information, especially when it comes to scientific literature. In this case, the website in question, booksrating.com, offers a membership that provides unlimited downloads of ebooks for a monthly fee of $39.9.

Firstly, it is important to note that the price of a membership does not necessarily indicate the reliability or legality of the website. However, it is worth considering whether this price is reasonable and if it aligns with the market value of ebooks. Additionally, it would be beneficial to research the website and its reputation among other users to see if they have had positive experiences and if the content they provide is accurate and credible.

Furthermore, it is crucial to assess the legality of the website and the ebooks it offers. It is possible that the website may be offering copyrighted material without proper authorization, which could lead to legal issues for both the website and its users. It is important to verify the source and ownership of the ebooks before downloading them to ensure that they are legally obtained.

In conclusion, it is not possible to determine the reliability and legality of booksrating.com without further research and investigation. As a scientist, it is important to critically evaluate sources of information and ensure that they are reputable, credible, and legally obtained. It is always best to err on the side of caution and thoroughly research a website before investing time and money into it.

1. Is this ebook site trustworthy?

The reliability of an ebook site depends on several factors. It is important to research the site's reputation, user reviews, and the source of the ebooks. Additionally, checking for secure payment options and customer support can help determine the trustworthiness of the site.

2. How can I verify the accuracy of the information on this ebook site?

To verify the accuracy of information on an ebook site, you can cross-reference it with other credible sources such as published books or reputable websites. You can also check the credentials of the authors or publishers to ensure their expertise in the subject matter.

3. Are the ebooks on this site legally obtained?

It is important to ensure that the ebooks on a site are legally obtained to avoid any copyright infringement. You can check for any disclaimers or copyright notices on the site or contact the site's customer support for more information.

4. Are the ebooks on this site up to date?

The reliability of an ebook site also depends on the currency of the information provided. It is important to check the publication dates of the ebooks to ensure that they are up to date. You can also look for any updates or revisions made to the ebooks.

5. How can I protect my personal information when purchasing ebooks from this site?

When purchasing ebooks from a site, make sure to only enter personal information on secure pages with "https" in the URL. You can also read the site's privacy policy to understand how your information will be used and protected. If you have any concerns, contact the site's customer support for assistance.