Is this expression for Mass Flowing Out of a Bottle correct?

In summary, the conversation discusses the implementation of a numerical method to calculate the mass of fluid that has gone out of an opened bottle. The relevant variables include the area of the bottle at the top, the density of the fluid, and the position of the fluid at the top. The suggested expression for the mass, ##DA_1(h(0)-h(t))##, is questioned for its correctness.
JorgeM
Hello there, I am going to implement a numerical method to solve how much Mass of a fluid has gone out of an opened bottle. I am going to get h(t) with some sensors but I am not sure if this expression for Mass gone out "M" is correct.
The area of the bottle at the up part. A1
The density of the fluid is D
The position Y of the fluid at the top is given by h(t)
33035538_813439768846708_3214039197144842240_n.jpg

What do you think?
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 33035538_813439768846708_3214039197144842240_n.jpg
    33035538_813439768846708_3214039197144842240_n.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 868
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
JorgeM said:
Hello there, I am going to implement a numerical method to solve how much Mass of a fluid has gone out of an opened bottle. I am going to get h(t) with some sensors but I am not sure if this expression for Mass gone out "M" is correct.
The area of the bottle at the up part. A1
The density of the fluid is D
The position Y of the fluid at the top is given by h(t)
View attachment 226013
What do you think?
Thanks a lot
Should’t It just be ##DA_1(h(0)-h(t))##?

Likes JorgeM

1. Is this expression for Mass Flowing Out of a Bottle correct?

The accuracy of the expression for mass flowing out of a bottle depends on the assumptions and variables used in its derivation. It is best to consult with the author or perform experiments to verify its correctness.

2. How can I determine the mass flow rate out of a bottle?

The mass flow rate out of a bottle can be determined by measuring the change in mass of the bottle over a certain time period. This can be done by using a scale or a flow meter.

3. Does the shape or size of the bottle affect the mass flow rate?

Yes, the shape and size of the bottle can affect the mass flow rate. The larger the opening of the bottle, the higher the mass flow rate will be. The shape of the bottle can also affect the flow by creating turbulence or constraining the flow.

4. How does the liquid density affect the mass flow rate?

The liquid density affects the mass flow rate because it determines the amount of mass that can flow through the bottle's opening in a given time. A denser liquid will have a higher mass flow rate compared to a less dense liquid.

5. Can the mass flow rate out of a bottle be increased?

Yes, the mass flow rate out of a bottle can be increased by increasing the pressure inside the bottle, using a larger opening or using a more dense liquid. However, there may be practical limitations or safety concerns that should be considered before increasing the flow rate.