1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this good?

1. Jul 6, 2007 #1
    I decided to take a practice SAT for the heck of it -- I went to the official Collegeboard website. I scored 700 on the math and 670 on critical reading. Are these good scores?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2007 #2
    http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores/understanding/average.html

2006 College-Bound Seniors' Average Scores

* Critical reading: 503
    * Mathematics: 518
    * Writing: 497

So yea, according to that, they're good. Don't forget however that a lot of those kids probably didn't do their best on the SAT. I know I didn't. It was probably the last thing on my mind in high school. I took it once, got in college. The end.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  4. Jul 6, 2007 #3
    Cool! I'm only thirteen :D

5. Jul 6, 2007 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Keep it up. The last thing you want to do is fall behind.

6. Jul 6, 2007 #5
    Damn kid, Im green with envy.

7. Jul 7, 2007 #6
    you took the practice sat on the college board website? the one that's like 10 questions? why don't you take the real sat. if you score that high you'll be eligible for a lot cool programs

8. Jul 7, 2007 #7
    No, it was a full 10-section test. :D

9. Jul 7, 2007 #8
    If you were in the official Collegeboard website and you got such great scores.... why do I think you should be more than capable of finding out whether they were good or not? =P

10. Jul 7, 2007 #9
    For real. I'm willing to bet the percentile chart was right there too.

11. Jul 7, 2007 #10
    No, I actually looked all over the site... I couldn't find them. Sorry D:

12. Jul 7, 2007 #11
  13. Jul 7, 2007 #12
    I averaged out 2200+ on practice tests but ended with a 2080 on the real thing. It was probably because I was used to sleeping at 2 am and had to part for the exam place at 6 am.

14. Jul 8, 2007 #13
    I'm fine with no sleep, I'm sort of an insomniac. My problem when taking long tests is my small bladder. =/

15. Jul 8, 2007 #14

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

yes indeedy. (It takes two words for a valid response.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?