Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this guy serious or being funny? Help me decide.

1. Dec 23, 2004 #1
    When I first started cruising this guy's website I thought he was a pretty funny, in an Andy Kaufman way. Then, the more I clicked the links at the top of his page, the more it started to look like he might be serious. Take a look at his site (linked) and let me know what you think. Humorous or Serious? The pictures he produces there would stampede cattle. If it wasn't for the pictures I'd say he was serious.

http://www.archure.net/resume.html

Oh, and he claims to be a genius whose High School transcipts misstated his IQ at 99 (it should read 99th percentile).

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2004 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Doesn't look like a parody to me. I can't tell exactly what the point of this site is, though. How the heck did you even find it?

4. Dec 23, 2004 #3
    Looks like he used Microsoft Publisher for his webpage. The design and layout could use some improvement. I've seen better professional looking designs from non-geniuses

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  5. Dec 23, 2004 #4
  6. Dec 23, 2004 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hmmm.. I actually believe him to be completely serious. Just a bit odd. Genius? Who am I to argue with a guy with multiple degrees from ITT Tech? I have been turned down by them several times because I couldn't draw Tippy worth a crap.

7. Dec 24, 2004 #6
    Is this guy serious or being funny? Help me decide.

I'd love to help you but I'm [too] often mistaken about such matters.

Good luck!

8. Dec 24, 2004 #7
    I think he needs to sare the absinthe that he is clearly slamming hourly.

And further, even if his official Mensa score is 135, that isn't all that great. If you've read the Mensa newsletters, high IQ people can be quite stupid. Just look at me. I know i'm an idiot.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  9. Dec 27, 2004 #8
    The guy's a raving nut, so what if his IQ's higher than napoleons, look what happened to him.

10. Dec 30, 2004 #9
    lol i just took and IQ test that told me my IQ was 146! I'd like to beleive it but im too smart for that.

11. Dec 30, 2004 #10
    LOL 146-beleive?
    you are right, don't belIEve it.

12. Dec 31, 2004 #11
    lol, if you hadn't quoted me i would edit that. Thanks for pointing it out though I like to learn from my mistakes.

13. Dec 31, 2004 #12
    If you learn from your mistakes you must be a genius by now.

14. Dec 31, 2004 #13
    Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?