Is this guy serious or being funny? Help me decide.

• Thread starter Tigers2B1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny
In summary: It's nice to know that somebody agrees with me.In summary, the website seems to be a joke, but the pictures he produces would stampede cattle. If it wasn't for the pictures I'd say he was serious.
Tigers2B1
When I first started cruising this guy's website I thought he was a pretty funny, in an Andy Kaufman way. Then, the more I clicked the links at the top of his page, the more it started to look like he might be serious. Take a look at his site (linked) and let me know what you think. Humorous or Serious? The pictures he produces there would stampede cattle. If it wasn't for the pictures I'd say he was serious.

http://www.archure.net/resume.html

Oh, and he claims to be a genius whose High School transcipts misstated his IQ at 99 (it should read 99th percentile).

Physics news on Phys.org
Doesn't look like a parody to me. I can't tell exactly what the point of this site is, though. How the heck did you even find it?

Looks like he used Microsoft Publisher for his webpage. The design and layout could use some improvement. I've seen better professional looking designs from non-geniuses

Last edited:
loseyourname said:
...How the heck did you even find it?

Oh, at the same place I found Glenn Johnson's "Homicidal Interference" Page

http://www.marlinpals.com/GlenJohnson/ [Broken]

Donna Higbee’s Human Spontanious Involuntary Invisability

http://members.aol.com/Rapunz1/DH_index.html [Broken]

And Alex Chiu’s Eternal Life Ring and Eternal Life Foot Braces

http://alexchiu.com/eternallife/

Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm.. I actually believe him to be completely serious. Just a bit odd. Genius? Who am I to argue with a guy with multiple degrees from ITT Tech? I have been turned down by them several times because I couldn't draw Tippy worth a crap.

Is this guy serious or being funny? Help me decide.

I'd love to help you but I'm [too] often mistaken about such matters.

Good luck!

I think he needs to sare the absinthe that he is clearly slamming hourly.

And further, even if his official Mensa score is 135, that isn't all that great. If you've read the Mensa newsletters, high IQ people can be quite stupid. Just look at me. I know I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
The guy's a raving nut, so what if his IQ's higher than napoleons, look what happened to him.

lol i just took and IQ test that told me my IQ was 146! I'd like to believe it but I am too smart for that.

Andy said:
lol i just took and IQ test that told me my IQ was 146! I'd like to believe it but I am too smart for that.
LOL 146-beleive?
you are right, don't belIEve it.

lol, if you hadn't quoted me i would edit that. Thanks for pointing it out though I like to learn from my mistakes.

Andy said:
lol, if you hadn't quoted me i would edit that. Thanks for pointing it out though I like to learn from my mistakes.
If you learn from your mistakes you must be a genius by now.

Originally Posted by Tribdog
If you learn from your mistakes you must be a genius by now.

Thank you.

1. Is there a way to tell if someone is being serious or just joking?

It can be difficult to determine someone's intentions without any additional context. Factors such as tone of voice, body language, and past interactions can all play a role in understanding whether someone is being serious or joking. It's important to consider the situation and the person's behavior before making a judgement.

2. How can I avoid misinterpreting someone's humor as seriousness?

One way to avoid misinterpreting someone's humor is to ask for clarification if you are unsure of their intent. Additionally, paying attention to the person's facial expressions and tone of voice can give you a better understanding of their intentions. It's also helpful to remember that everyone has a different sense of humor, so what may be serious to one person may be a joke to another.

3. Can body language be a reliable indicator of someone's seriousness or humor?

Body language can be a helpful clue in determining someone's intentions, but it should not be relied upon as the sole indicator. Some people may have different body language cues for different emotions, so it's important to consider other factors as well. Additionally, body language can be easily misinterpreted, so it's important to communicate directly with the person if you are unsure.

4. What role does cultural background play in understanding if someone is serious or joking?

Cultural background can play a significant role in how someone communicates and expresses humor. What may be considered serious in one culture may be seen as a joke in another. It's important to be aware of cultural differences and to communicate openly and respectfully with others from different backgrounds.

5. Is it possible for someone to be both serious and funny at the same time?

Yes, it is possible for someone to be serious and funny simultaneously. Humor can be used as a way to lighten the mood or bring attention to a serious topic. It's important to consider the overall context and the person's intentions when trying to determine if they are being serious or funny.