Perpetual Motion Using Solar Energy

In summary, perpetual motion refers to a hypothetical machine that can continuously operate without any external energy input. It is not possible to achieve perpetual motion as it goes against the laws of thermodynamics. However, using multiple sources of free energy, such as solar, wind, and water, can help sustain motion perpetually but it still requires external energy input. Therefore, this does not qualify as perpetual motion.
ramonegumpert
Hi Experts

I am wondering if my understanding of perpetual motion is correct.

I use solar energy to supply energy needed to reset the cycle of a motion.

In short, the extra energy needed to reset a cycle is provided by another source of free energy.

This way, the motion is kept perpetual using multi-sources of free energy to provide for the energy needed to reset the cycle, that is, to repeat the cycle .

Is this considered perpetual motion?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
No, that's just solar power. The sun won't burn forever.

ramonegumpert said:
Hi Experts

I am wondering if my understanding of perpetual motion is correct.

I use solar energy to supply energy needed to reset the cycle of a motion.

In short, the extra energy needed to reset a cycle is provided by another source of free energy.

This way, the motion is kept perpetual using multi-sources of free energy to provide for the energy needed to reset the cycle, that is, to repeat the cycle .

Is this considered perpetual motion?

Thanks.

Unless your system is used to power the sun, you are using an external power source (solar energy) to do work. This is no different than a hydroelectric turbine being turned by an external power source, which is water flow.

Please note that perpetual motion and overunity machines is a banned topic. This thread is being kept open because it is simply a misunderstanding of what "perpetual motion" is, and the neglected consideration of an external energy source going into the system.

Zz.

Thanks Experts, for allowing to ask the question.

My point is, using multiple free energy sources, motion can also be sustained perpetually.

So, there is no need for Perpetual motion as motion can be sustained perpetually using multiple free energy sources. The effect is still free energy perpetually.

Thanks and have a nice day.

ramonegumpert said:

My point is, using multiple free energy sources, motion can also be sustained perpetually.

So, there is no need for Perpetual motion as motion can be sustained perpetually using multiple free energy sources. The effect is still free energy perpetually.

It's not perpetual. The Sun has a finite amount of fuel and will eventually stop emitting light.

ramonegumpert said:

You are free to call it a cow if you wish in the privacy of your own home. However, you need to understand the definition of the terms you are using if you are communicating with other people, and especially its usage in physics. You are not free to simply redefine such terms to suit your needs.

Your system uses EXTERNAL ENERGY SOURCE to power it. Be it wind, solar, water, etc... When it does that, it is not a "perpetual motion machine". It does not generate and then use its own energy, which is the usual definition of what a perpetual motion is.

This question has been satisfactorily answered. Thread closed.

Zz.

1. What is perpetual motion?

Perpetual motion refers to a hypothetical machine that can move indefinitely without any external energy source. It is often described as a "perpetual motion machine" or a "perpetual motion device."

2. Is perpetual motion possible?

No, perpetual motion is not possible according to the laws of physics. The first and second laws of thermodynamics state that energy cannot be created or destroyed and that there is always some energy lost in the form of heat when work is done. Therefore, a machine cannot continue to move indefinitely without an external energy source.

3. Why do people still try to create perpetual motion machines?

Despite the scientific evidence, some people still try to create perpetual motion machines because they believe they have found a way to circumvent the laws of physics. Others may simply be trying to scam people by claiming to have invented a perpetual motion machine.

4. Are there any examples of perpetual motion?

No, there are no known examples of perpetual motion. Many machines have been claimed to be perpetual motion machines, but upon further investigation, they have all been found to either have an external energy source or to not actually be perpetual motion machines.

5. How can I prove that a machine is not perpetual motion?

If a machine claims to be perpetual motion, it can be tested by measuring its energy input and output. If there is an external energy source or energy is lost in the form of heat, then it is not a perpetual motion machine. Additionally, the machine must continue to move indefinitely without slowing down or stopping to be considered perpetual motion.