If you put a spring on the top right what do you think will happen? Consider A) the bottom of the arm has a magnet near a magnet and B) what happens when you hold a spring at arms length facing down (does it oscillate forever)?
Visualise it this way, if you and me were in space connected by a /\ shaped beam and joined hands to pull at each other would we fly through space? No, we would just put force on the beam connecting us. Even if one of us pulled harder than the other the effect is the same.
Some energy or mass has to leave the system I.e. exhaust from a rocket. Look up Newtons laws, that should explain it all.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving