Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this Quantum notation?

  1. Jul 25, 2011 #1
    Hi folks :smile:

    I really was not sure where to put this, so I put it here since it gets the most traffic. My friend is doing some experimental research on the concentration of hydroxyl radicals in flames. In the literature, she keeps encountering the notation:

    [tex]\text{OH}(X^2\pi - A^2\Sigma^+)[/tex]

    We have no idea what this means and are just trying to figure out what the notation is called so we have a place to start looking.

    Any help is appreciated :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2011 #2
    Any thoughts on this?
  4. Jul 27, 2011 #3
    Out of context it can mean anything. Can you link us to a relevant paper where this term comes up? Maybe from the context someone could deduce its meaning
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook