Understanding the Amplitude of Current in Halliday's Book

• Thread starter kent davidge
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the confusion over the units in an answer for a question in Halliday's book regarding voltage. The speaker also mentions their difficulty in understanding why the current was not expressed as a function of time, despite learning about Faraday's formula. The other person explains that the amplitude is not time dependent and the formula only includes the amplitude of the current, io.
kent davidge
I found this answer for an question of the Halliday's book but the units m².T.rad/s in the answer don't make sense with voltage. (sorry my poor english)
And I cannt understand why they haven't expressed the current as a function of time.

2ufcavn.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
kent davidge said:
I found this answer for an question of the Halliday's book but the units m².rad/s in the answer don't make sense with voltage. (sorry my poor english)
And I cannt understand why they haven't expressed the current as a function of time.

2ufcavn.jpg
You have missed the T (tesla) in the permeability of free space.

Vagn said:
You have missed the T (tesla) in the permeability of free space.
Okay, I notice that. Can you explain me why the current was not expressed as a function of time? I learned from the Faraday's formula that the flux's variation is basically a derivative which involves the time.

Last edited:
Because what they wrote is the amplitude of the emf.
The amplitude is not time dependent. The formula includes the amplitude of the current, io.

Last edited:

Question 1: How can I check if my solution is correct?

Answer: You can check if your solution is correct by comparing it to the given problem and following the steps or procedures outlined in the problem. You can also ask for feedback from your peers or consult with a mentor or instructor.

Question 2: What if my solution does not match the expected answer?

Answer: If your solution does not match the expected answer, review your work and check for any errors or mistakes. Make sure to double check your calculations and logic. You can also seek help from others to see if they can spot any mistakes you may have overlooked.

Question 3: Is there only one correct solution to a problem?

Answer: In most cases, there may be multiple ways to approach and solve a problem. As long as your solution follows the correct steps and produces the expected outcome, it can be considered a correct solution.

Question 4: How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

Answer: Practice is key to improving your problem-solving skills. Try to solve a variety of problems from different areas and challenge yourself with more difficult problems. You can also learn from others by studying their solutions and techniques.

Question 5: What if I am still unsure if my solution is correct?

Answer: If you are still unsure about the correctness of your solution, seek feedback and ask for help from others. You can also try to solve the problem using a different approach or method to see if you get the same result. Remember to always double check your work and trust your instincts.