Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this song offensive or enlightening?

1. May 12, 2007 #1

Gold Member

I adore this song, and I think that more people should hear it. I've heard him talk about why he wrote it, and I wonder if it actually has the effect that I think he intended.

If you listen to the whole song, I'd like to know what you think of it:
    Don't Drink the Water by Dave Matthews

(He starts the wrong verse at around 2:41, if you notice something odd there. I think he handles it super as always. Here is another performance with the whole band from Chicago '98, one of the best IMO. They let fans tape the shows, by the bye, and this concert is available on CD.)
  2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2007 #2
    I like Dave Matthews, his song American Baby is a good song.

Hes from south africa and an atheist.

stayyyyy, american babyyy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  4. May 12, 2007 #3

Gold Member

I just happened to see this American Baby recording at Abbey Road today. It's sweet. I wonder if the whole thing is available somewhere.

What do you think of Don't Drink the Water, especially the above version (he mixes in another song with it)?
  5. May 12, 2007 #4
    I thought it was a good song. (Nice new picture BTW, :wink: For some reason I thought you were 40 :confused: :rofl:)
  6. May 12, 2007 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?