Which Halliday and Resnick book is right for me?

• Intro Physics
  • Thread starter The12thDoctor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Halliday
In summary, it seems like you are looking for a Halliday and Resnick textbook and are unsure which edition to get. The 10th edition may be more expensive without any added benefit, so I suggest considering the 3rd edition of "Physics" instead.
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe that you want ISBN -13: 978-1118230718 Wiley; 10 edition (August 5, 2013)

If you don't need a particular edition for a course, newer editions like the 10th edition are just going to be more expensive, without any benefit to the reader. Also, I recommend "Physics" over the simplified "Fundamentals of Physics". I like the 3rd edition:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047134530X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Is this the correct book for my research?

The answer to this question depends on the specific research topic. It is important to carefully review the book's subject matter and table of contents to determine if it aligns with your research needs.

2. How can I be sure that this is the most up-to-date edition of the book?

Most books will have the edition number clearly listed on the cover or inside the book. You can also check the publication date to ensure it is the most recent version. Additionally, you can research the author and publisher to see if they have released any newer editions.

3. Are there any reviews or recommendations for this book?

Many websites, such as Amazon or Goodreads, offer reviews and ratings for books. You can also look for reviews from reputable sources such as academic journals or book review websites. Additionally, you can ask colleagues or your professor for their recommendations.

4. Does this book cover all the necessary information on the topic?

Again, this will depend on your specific research topic. It is important to carefully read the book's description and table of contents to determine if it covers the necessary information. You can also check for any additional resources or references listed in the book.

5. Is this book available in other formats, such as an e-book or audiobook?

Many books are now available in multiple formats, so it is worth checking if the book you are interested in is available in an e-book or audiobook version. This can be helpful if you prefer to read or listen to books digitally, or if the physical book is not available.