1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is this true?

1. Jul 25, 2006 #1
    The school taht you go to get your graduate matters more than the school you go to get your undergrad.
    I'm going to start my undergraduate at Texas A&M this Fall. It's not a very prestigious college, but it's close to home and I like the campus (I didn't want to go to UT and the campus was one of the reasons...). But I'm hoping to go to a "better" college for grad school. Will they look down on me for going to a less prestigious college when I apply go grad school?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2006 #2
    No I don't think so. I'm no expert. My friend completed his undergrad at York University in Ontario and is off to Oxford next year.
  4. Jul 25, 2006 #3
    Generally not. You'd have to be going to a school widely known for having a bad physics program as opposed to one just not particularly known for its physics program. You'll be fine. Just get involved in research as much as you can, as early as you can. It will help, both for the experience and for getting letters of recommendation.
  5. Jul 25, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Not at all!

And Texas A&M isn't a school to sneeze at either.

6. Jul 25, 2006 #5
    Thanks for the response guys!

Man, college, can't wait! =D
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?