Houston Prepares for Record Early Snowfall: Up to 6 Inches Possible

• Thread starter D H
  • Start date
In summary: Houston is so weird.In summary, Houston is preparing for the earliest snowfall ever recorded and some areas may see up to a half a foot of snow.
Pattonias said:
Honestly, there isn't much that can immobilize the Southern United States like a good snow.
It's nothing compared to what happens in the North West if the sun ever comes out.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ronnin said:
Thank you very much. Don't let him fool you, he's pure evil.

:rofl:

Even though we ended up with snow all morning, I still put up the outside Christmas lights and decorations. Just skipped putting the lights up on the gutters. Once I was done shoveling the driveway, I was warm enough to stay out and keep working.

D H said:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6750042.html
Houston braces for at least 2 inches of snow
Preparations under way, and some in Houston area may even see half a foot of the white stuff

Houston is on track Friday to break a record with the earliest snowfall ever recorded in the city's history. Forecasters are still hedging their bets, but say the most likely scenario is 1 to 2 inches of widespread snowfall beginning Friday afternoon.

Some areas could get up to a half a foot.​

The date on the article is Dec. 3, 2009, so nope, tomorrow is *not* April Fools.

Dang!
Thank you for returning our winter and snow with interest. You could have kept the rain though. Things are more or less back to normal.

Hmmm, I missed this thread on the first go round. I'm in the Houston area as well (in between D H and kote actually).

The snow was pretty disappointing compared to last year, although these were probably the biggest flakes I've ever seen (even compared to seeing 15" fall in Colorado early this year). Half dollar sized snowflakes in Houston are almost unheard of. Two days after the snow it warmed back up into the 70s and as of just after midnight tonight it's down in the 30s again.

Back