Is Wolram an Enigma? Exploring Reasons Why

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    enigma
In summary, Wolram is leaving his job and moving to a new city to be closer to the artist he admires, and is looking for a yorkshire pudding recipe and horseradish with his roast beef. He is enigmatic and does not reply to questions.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
If so Why? i will not be hurt if you tell the truth.

Physics news on Phys.org
You're a charming, enigmatic woolie ram. :smile:

I'm quitting my job and moving there, do you make good yorkshire pudding? Can I have horseradish with my roast beef?

Is that a silent 'g'? :tongue:

Evo said:
You're a charming, enigmatic woolie ram. :smile:

I'm quitting my job and moving there, do you make good yorkshire pudding? Can I have horseradish with my roast beef?

Hey, my yorkie puds grow about 4inches out of the tin, you can have horseradish if you do not want my beef gravy.

But why, why am i enigmatic?

wolram said:
Hey, my yorkie puds grow about 4inches out of the tin, you can have horseradish if you do not want my beef gravy.

But why, why am i enigmatic?
I want both. :approve:

Wolram, what's the nearest international airport to you?

Oh, now i have the collywobbles, the Evo godess is comming to vist an enigma.
That choppin (spelling) guy plays good music, do they have classic music charts?

Evo said:
Wolram, what's the nearest international airport to you?

That would be Birmingham, only about 30 miles up the road.

wolram said:
That choppin (spelling) guy plays good music, do they have classic music charts?
Chopin (1810-1849) - prononced show-pan (nasal n).

I'm not sure about classical music charts, but I find this site useful http://www.classical.net/music/welcome.html .

Btw, shouldn't this post be in the other thread? :wink:

neutrino said:
Chopin (1810-1849) - prononced show-pan (nasal n).

I'm not sure about classical music charts, but I find this site useful http://www.classical.net/music/welcome.html .

Btw, shouldn't this post be in the other thread? :wink:

Yes i am mixed up again caus no one will tell me why i am an enigma :grumpy: i will not be able to sleep tonight wondering how bad my
enigma is.

Wolram is not just an enigma.

He (she? it?) is a riddle wrapped in a mystery sheathed in a puzzle enclosed in a conundrum trapped in an enigma.

Curious3141 said:
Wolram is not just an enigma.

He (she? it?) is a riddle wrapped in a mystery sheathed in a puzzle enclosed in a conundrum trapped in an enigma.

AAAhhhhhhhhhh. but why, why ?

wolram said:
If so Why? i will not be hurt if you tell the truth.

I wouldn't say your enigmatic, because your behavior and personality tends to be always according to one specific type, that means, you don't choose your way for a day according to a secret key book therefore you're not enigmatic. However we can't thoughtlessly assume that your behavior and personality is the same in the real world. Hence, I may conclude that you're rather Ceasar shift cipherish instead

heartless said:
I wouldn't say your enigmatic, because your behavior and personality tends to be always according to one specific type, that means, you don't choose your way for a day according to a secret key book therefore you're not enigmatic. However we can't thoughtlessly assume that your behavior and personality is the same in the real world. Hence, I may conclude that you're rather Ceasar shift cipherish instead

Ok, now i am confused, i am going to ride my bike, you lot talk gobledegook
:tongue2:

Rowlam
Lowram
Mowlar
or maybe Marlow?

Oh no wait those are anagrams.

Does enigma mean "sweet, clever, wonderful person"? Then you are an enigma. Wol. Now go ride your bike.

What is a collywobble?

Ivan Seeking said:
What is a collywobble?

Its when ones insides go wobbly.

I had a quick ride on my bike and blown the cobwebs out of my head,
i just have get the flys out of my teeth now.

Math Is Hard said:
Does enigma mean "sweet, clever, wonderful person"? Then you are an enigma. Wol. Now go ride your bike.

:blushing: yes mam.:smile:

wolram said:
i just have get the flys out of my teeth now.
:yuck: :eek:

Evo said:
:yuck: :eek:
Yes, we left you a few slime molds and blobs before we chose to leave forever. By all means, keep your share! :smile:

arildno said:
Yes, we left you a few slime molds and blobs before we chose to leave forever. By all means, keep your share! :smile:
You've run off with Wolram? I'll trade you Adrian Paul.

Eh, you mean wolram is going to be the mentor of eng. forum? :bugeye::rolleyes:

arildno said:

I thought you would be exhausted after that equation you just did in general
phys, go have a lay down old chaps, may be a cool damp flannel will help :smile:

Lisa! said:
Eh, you mean wolram is going to be the mentor of eng. forum? :bugeye::rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl:

Enigma is just a polite term for "weird". :devil:

Hurkyl said:
Enigma is just a polite term for "weird". :devil:

Ouch, bellow the belt, but i can take it :smile:

I tend to form my mental portrait of people entirely by their dialogue. It doesn't have to be a correct representation of the person, merely consistent. This is an entirely unconscious and automatic process.

My mental portraits form slowly, like Google Earth's terrain algorithm (ooh, lovely simile, I'm a poet!), as I encounter people more and more. Thus, my protrait of Hurkyl* is pretty low-rez with little detail, while my portraits of Evo or Moonbear or Ivan Seeking are somewhat more detailed, including an approximate age, voice, nationality, etc. Again ,they look nothing like the real people, just as long as thoese people continue to behave in a way consistent with my portrait of them.

For wolram, my mental portrait does not simply continually refine itself. Instead it is rendered in chalk, with a handy eraser nearby. I'll build a mental portrait of him as a young, 20's-ish, American, happening, University student with a whip-like wit. And then he'll come along and post something that is so different, that my portrait will be erased and replaced with a quaint 50's-ish grey-haired Brit in a smoking jacket. And then just when that settles in, he'll come along and post something so different that even those two disparate portraits seem too ... familiar. A portrait will form of someone with ethnic-yet-indefinable features and a mysterious background and unknown profession.

More than nayone, I just don't know who I'm talking too.

That's what I mean by https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=996161&postcount=11". :biggrin:

*no offense Hurkyl. If it's any consolation, it's a very sexy low-rez blob.

Last edited by a moderator:
*no offense Hurkyl. If it's any consolation, it's a very sexy low-rez blob.
Wow, you're very perceptive; I actually am a blob. Gelatinous, to be exact. :biggrin:

Hurkyl said:
Wow, you're very perceptive; I actually am a blob. Gelatinous, to be exact. :biggrin:

Hmmm, I always had you figured for a nephroid.

If it's any consolation, it's a very sexy low-rez blob.
I like my blobs resonating.

Thanks Dave :biggrin: i thought every one thought i was a dumb *** all
the time.