Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Israeli shooting

1. Aug 4, 2005 #1
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Oh yah i saw this a few hours ago. Another report said the guy went insane and started shooting people before commiting suicide.

4. Aug 4, 2005 #3
    Peace has a chance to work here and we can see it now but not everyone wants it on both sides it's really very sad.

5. Aug 4, 2005 #4
    Well CNN and MSNBC both said he was killed. I imagine he was trying to take out as many Arabs as he could before being taken out and you see a gigantic mob.

6. Aug 4, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well it wont be hard to figure out. Just pull the bullet out of his brain lol. Or well, if theres more then 1 bullet, he was killed. If there was just one in the head, probably did it himself.

7. Aug 4, 2005 #6
  8. Aug 4, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

Would Sharon condemn this attack if this person kill some Palestinian? I'm even in doubt if he would reffer to this person as a terrorist in that situation!

9. Aug 4, 2005 #8
    Good question! Technically he ought to call it terrorism and you think he would because they were Israili people killed here but pallestinians maybe because it wasn't a routine shooting of the Israili army but a guy gone AWOL then nuts so this one is an easy call! What would he call any shootings of palestinians justified or not?

I edited this like 5 times already!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  10. Aug 4, 2005 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

Oh yeah! He even reffer to him as a "bloodthirsty Jewish terrorist". My information about Israel is very little. But I want to know if all Jewish who lives in Israel are Zionists!

11. Aug 4, 2005 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Must have been one of those early report errors. I dont think there were any other israeli psychos blasting off civilians in the last few days.

12. Aug 4, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yes, just like all Americans are red necks and Europeans are devil worshippers :devil:

P.S. That means no there not

13. Aug 4, 2005 #12
    And it still doesn't make any sense

14. Aug 5, 2005 #13
    Almost all Jews in Israel are Zionists. What would we be doing here otherwise?

15. Aug 5, 2005 #14
    I was wondering the same thing, why would you live in israel if you weren't a zionist!? jewish or not.

16. Aug 5, 2005 #15
    There's few non-Jewish Zionists living in Israel. I suppose most Israeli Arabs do not consider themselves Zionists but I haven't researched that matter. The shooting being discussed occured in a Druze neighbourhood. The Druze have always been outstanding citizens and I suppose they consider themselves Zionists (with the exception of the Druze of the Golan Heights), which makes this action even more incomprehensible.

17. Aug 5, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I thought zionists were more hten just people who want an israeli state. Everyone makes it sound so evil... even though it sounds like its just like calling someone german or a californian or a human...

18. Aug 5, 2005 #17
    Calling all zionists evil is like calling all Germans in ww2 Evil. In both cases it's mainly the extremists and the government doing the real harm. The people's only crime is that of inaction to stop it.

19. Aug 5, 2005 #18
    I wouldn't make that comparison...

20. Aug 5, 2005 #19
    why not? ..........

21. Aug 5, 2005 #20
    Because there's a few major differences between the actions of Nazi Germany (primarily the attempted industrialised extermination of various innocent groups) and that of Israel (occupation of territory as another chapter in a continuing conflict).

Continuing on the topic of this thread, the Mayor of Rishon-Leziyon, where the murderer lived until a few months ago and where his family resides today, has refused to allow his burial in the municipality. The Defence minister has also disallowed a military burial, meaning the body will not be buried in the military section of whatever cemetery it will be buried in. The body will apparently be buried in the settlement of Tapuach, where the murderer resided for the past few months.
    There are several protests around Shphar'am held by Jewish Israelis to show solidarity with the victims and the Arab communities.

[Added:] It now seems the secreteriate of Tapuach are unwilling to allow his burial there either. I do not know on what grounds they can refuse it, as the Mayor of Rishon Leziyon denied it on the grounds that the murderer was listed in the MoI as a resident of Tapuach and should be buried there.

[Added:] Source: Ha'aretz

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?