Israel's Gaza fuel cuts

• News
  • Thread starter mjsd
  • Start date
mjsd
Homework Helper
Uh-huh.
If you're leaving it for others on this forum to judge, why not answer the question?
Because It is my hope to maintain neutrality. The question is phrased in a way that if I answer it as a "Yes or No" question, it will force me to take side in this conflict of Israel vs Palestine.
I do not wish to take side.

How did you reach that conclusion? I've already told you the very first source you provided distinctly says "cuts in supply are not being felt by Gazans".
let's be clear about this. The EXACT quote was

Extract from the BBC News Report
report dated: Monday, 29 October 2007, 21:41 GMT
when the cut was only just started.

"BBC producer Rushdi Abu Alouf in Gaza says that cuts in supply are not being felt by Gazans yet."
I advise you to read the materials that people refer to carefully in the future.

Stop this silly regression of the thread. Repeating a lie does not make it true, doesn't matter how strongly you would like that.
...sounds like a comment that should be redirected to the blatant propagandists and people without sanity on this forum.

Because It is my hope to maintain neutrality. The question is phrased in a way that if I answer it as a "Yes or No" question, it will force me to take side in this conflict of Israel vs Palestine.
No it doesn't. It may force you to take a side in the Art vs. Yonoz conflict, but you can maintain neutrality in the Israel-Palestinian conflict while denouncing or supporting what is a distinctly antisemitic comment.

let's be clear about this. The EXACT quote was
Since we are living in the present, it is one and the same as saying "cuts in supply are not being felt by Gazans". Your comment:
You may say cutting a few thousands of litres of petrol supply is hardly going to hurt anyone, but the reality is that it does.
...is still unsupported.

...sounds like a comment that should be redirected to the blatant propagandists and people without sanity on this forum.
If you feel anything I have stated is untrue you may direct my attention, in this case, you keep repeating a claim that has repeatedly been disproved.

Art
At a court session held to examine the Israeli government's desire to further restrict supplies to the Gaza Strip, several human rights groups branded the potential move a violation of international law, arguing that Israeli administration is deliberately pursuing a policy of collective punishment against the coastal region.
snip
“Until today … and because of the lack of fuel to pump water from the wells, the required and adequate volume of water is not reaching the home of 15% of the residents of Gaza. If the reduction of the supply of fuel continues, the percentage of the population who will not have access to clean water will increase gradually, and the wells will cease to operate … Today, there is no surplus in fuel to allow the operation of water facilities, and the volume of remaining fuel for sewage equipment is sufficient for only one week.”

Contrary to the state’s claims, the petitioners argued that the implementation of this decision could cause widespread humanitarian damage. It is likely to endanger the functioning of hospitals and sewage and water services, and will interrupt the operation of medical equipment as well as vital household electrical equipment such as refrigerators, including those needed to refrigerate essential medical supplies.
http://www.imemc.org/article/51387 [Broken]

A spokesman for one of Gaza's fuel companies cautioned that gas stations would soon starting shutting down if the cutbacks weren't lifted.

"We are running out of fuel — our storage will end within five days and we will shut down all the stations," said Mahmoud Khozudar, a spokesman for the Gaza fuel companies. "You will have no bakery, no water, no sewage treatment and no transportation."
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/06/africa/ME-GEN-Palestinians-Protest.php

No effect huh? :zzz:

Though I'm sure it seems a natural next step to Israel to supplement their other punitive measures
At a news conference at U.N. headquarters in New York, AbuZayd painted a grim picture of life in the Gaza Strip, saying there has been a 71 percent decrease in goods going into Gaza since May, there is "zero stock" of 91 drugs compared to 61 last month, and farmers do not have the money to get their crops picked or send them to market so they are rotting.

That means that there are no fruits and vegetables to supplement the basic rations that 80 percent of Gaza's population receive — flour, oil, sugar, a bit of lentils and powdered milk — either from UNRWA or the U.N. World Food Program, she said.

"It's not good enough," AbuZayd said. "UNRWA's only giving 61 percent" of the daily nutritional needs.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gas24zdOxdQcBQRTEuKAHPpObsPgD8SP6M400 [Broken]
But of course lack of food and medicines won't hurt them either eh Yonoz :rolleyes:

I've no doubt that when 1000s of Palestinians die from malnutrition, hunger and disease you'll be back on here spouting your anti-Semitic (note: used correctly) nonsense about how it's all an anti-Zionist conspiracy and Israel is not to blame etc.. etc... Well at least you can't say you weren't warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
From Art's link.

The violent takeover of the Gaza Strip last June by the Islamic militants of the Hamas movement, and their continual rocketing of Israel, has led to Gaza's increasing isolation. In September, Israel declared Gaza a "hostile entity," clearing the way for economic sanctions.
It sounds like Isreal is taking a non-hostile approach to stop Paslestinians and their violent aggression against Isreal.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gas24zdOxdQcBQRTEuKAHPpObsPgD8SP6M400 [Broken]

This thread is going in circles, so is being closed.

Last edited by a moderator: