Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ISS sighting

1. Aug 28, 2003 #1
    I woke up at 4:30 PST (San Diego) and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to take my telescope out and finally check out Saturn, the Orion Nebula, and Mars again. They looked awesome through the 8" telescope and I wish I was able to take pictures. Then around 5:30 I saw a really bright object moving slowly from the southwest towards the northeast, too big and bright to be a satellite. I knew it wasn't a plane because it had no blinking lights so I tried to use my telescope but I was only able to make out a solid ball of light at that speed. Turns out it was the International Space Station! I just thought that was neat and wanted to share. :eek:)
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2003 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ths site Will tell you exactly when you will be able to see it. Enter your location (zip code) and it will draw you a picture, this feature is called J pass.

Besure to check out the 3d image of the earth and satilites.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?