Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Issue about electrocardiogram

1. Dec 25, 2005 #1
    hello, i have this issue from our professor at uni ,and its title is:
    Two-electrode low supply voltage electrocardiogram signal amplifier

so our professot asked us to do understand it in general and in details, but I nearly understand nothing (unfortunately :frown: ) even though i've tried so much...
    anyway , i want you to have a look because i really need your comments and thoughts about that subject and any suggestion or help will be very appreciated!

i've uploaded it with rapidshare website.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9807790/electrocardiogram_signal_amplifier.pdf.html

thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2005 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Hi EE. Since this is a homework assignment, could you maybe have it moved to the HW forum? Also, I don't like the website where you posted the schematic -- it looks too much like I need to sign up or something to download the file. Can you please just post a PDF here in the PF instead? Remember, you can download a free PDF writer from PrimoPDF.com.

BTW, what is it you don't understand about the amplifier? Have you looked up precision high-impedance differential amplifiers anywhere? The diff amp (or instrumentation amp) configuration is what is usually used for ECG amps, because you need good common-mode rejection.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?