Sarah Palin: It Came from Wasilla

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, despite her disastrous performance in the 2008 election, Sarah Palin remains a popular figure in Republican politics with a lucrative book deal. However, her public image does not always align with reality, as revealed by John McCain's campaign officials discussing her shortcomings. The future for Palin is uncertain, but she remains a polarizing figure in politics.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Despite her disastrous performance in the 2008 election, Sarah Palin is still the sexiest brand in Republican politics, with a lucrative book contract for her story. But what Alaska’s charismatic governor wants the public to know about herself doesn’t always jibe with reality. As John McCain’s top campaign officials talk more candidly than ever before about the meltdown of his vice-presidential pick, the author tracks the signs—political and personal—that Palin was big trouble, and checks the forecast for her future...
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/08/sarah-palin200908

Physics news on Phys.org
If I hadn't already thought that McCain was a jack***, Palin sealed the deal for me. She was just scary. I'd rather have had Bingo Bob as VP.

I finally got to the episode of West Wing where they announced John Spencer had died. That was sad, I had no idea. His laboured breathing had always bothered me though.

She was scary. And Ivan, do you really want to raise hell here in this thread because that is what will happen :biggrin:

The only reason Alaska belongs to the US ? The only reason people noticed Palin in the first place ?

humanino said:
The only reason Alaska belongs to the US ? The only reason people noticed Palin in the first place ?

Oil?
Or maybe you meant moose.
Did you mean moose?

It's Russia, silly. The US bought Alaska from the Russkies, and Palin keeps a watchful eye on them so they don't invade and take it back.

1. Who is Sarah Palin?

Sarah Palin is a politician, author, and commentator who served as the ninth governor of Alaska from 2006 to 2009. She was also the Republican Party's nominee for Vice President of the United States in the 2008 election.

2. What is "Sarah Palin: It Came from Wasilla" about?

"Sarah Palin: It Came from Wasilla" is a satirical science fiction novel that follows the story of Sarah Palin as she discovers she has been chosen to save the world from an alien invasion.

3. Who wrote "Sarah Palin: It Came from Wasilla"?

The novel was written by Joe McGinniss, an American journalist and author known for his investigative books on politics and true crime.

4. Is "Sarah Palin: It Came from Wasilla" based on real events?

No, the novel is a work of fiction and is not based on real events. However, it does incorporate elements of Sarah Palin's political career and personal life.

5. Is "Sarah Palin: It Came from Wasilla" a serious novel or a comedy?

The novel is a satirical comedy, using humor and exaggeration to comment on political and societal issues. It is not meant to be taken seriously as a work of science fiction.