Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

*It is safe toTurn off your computer*

1. May 25, 2004 #1
    That is the message i usually get after i go to start->Turnoff computer->turnoff.
    I want my computer to automatically turn off after I click Turnoff and say "see ya tommorow, me sooo sleepie",

So, would you please tell me how to stop that message <title of the thread> from displaying ?

Thank you very much,
  2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2004 #2
    What operating system are you using and is your powersupply a newer ATX type or the older AT, because the older systems don't provide for automatic shutdown.
  4. May 25, 2004 #3
    The only way you can do that is if your Power Supply and Motherboard are ATX. The older AT cases don't do that. If your motherboard is an ATX, then it depends on your OS. You might have to look for certain shutdown settings. It will probably be in the Display Properties dialog box, in the Screen Savers tab, then click on Power or Power Management. It should be in there if you're running Windows. But more than likely it's because you're using an older ATX Powersupply and/or Motherboard and in that case... you're out of luck unless you want to buy a new computer.
  5. May 25, 2004 #4
    Thank you BoulderHead and 512kCrasher so very much for your replies,
    Yes, I went to system and edit some settings as you told and now it can calmly shut down on its own leaving no such unneccessary message...

Again, thanks alot,
  6. May 26, 2004 #5
    Did you find a way to alter the shutdown screen to say; "see ya tommorow, me sooo sleepie" ?
  7. May 26, 2004 #6
    Sure, I found it, it was the air stream coming from my lungs.

>>>>The message I would like to turn off was written as my thread title (as was already said in some post above)
  8. May 26, 2004 #7
    ahhight, then.
  9. May 26, 2004 #8
    then, I sincerely ask site manager to close this thread because I think it is going out of line...

However, I first of all, from the bottom of my heart, would also like to say many thanks to you, Boulderhead for your help....

Again, Thank you so very much,
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?