Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Australia
In summary: Ah. That explains it. The only vacation that I've ever had my hotel room broken into was in Australia. I woke up at 3am to discover that someone was on my third floor balcony trying to get the door open. I was about to call the cops when I saw the inside blinds open. I yelled at him to get out of my room and heard "No worries, mate!". That phrase holds a special meaning for me now. :tongue:Are we expected to walk upside down today?Only those who wonder about it.:smile:Cheers!Im in Aus as well :) awesome day with mates in the pool, snags on the barbie, great
Andre
Happy Australia day, Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc,

Who else is from down under? All a happy day. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Celebrated annually on 26 January, the day commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet in 1788, the unfurling of the British flag at Sydney Cove and the proclamation of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of Australia.

I can go for that: Happy Australia Day!

Andre said:
Happy Australia day, Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc,

Who else is from down under? All a happy day. :smile:
Thanks, Andre.

I would wish everyday is a happy day for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, It must be that's lovely weather over there, right now, Fi

A couple of years ago some Aussie friends decided they were going to celebrate Australia day properly in England - with a barbie on the beach.

Leaving aside the fact that it's freezing cold, the main problem is that barbecue charcoal is a somewhat seasonal product and not many places carry much stock in January.
Instead they got smokeless coal (well it's black and it burns = same thing) - it wasn't a great sucess!

I'm practically unknown in my own neighborhood even though I'm quite big down under. Happy Australia day.

Hope my aussie friends enjoy there day !

jimmysnyder said:
I'm practically unknown in my own neighborhood even though I'm quite big down under. Happy Australia day.
You mean like J-Lo is big down under? Actually, I guess her bigness is mostly "out-back" so Happy Australia Day to J-Lo, too.

Andre said:
You're welcome, It must be that's lovely weather over there, right now, Fi
Everyone I've spoken to there had a lovely day of various swims.

mgb_phys said:
A couple of years ago some Aussie friends decided they were going to celebrate Australia day properly in England - with a barbie on the beach.

Leaving aside the fact that it's freezing cold, the main problem is that barbecue charcoal is a somewhat seasonal product and not many places carry much stock in January.
Instead they got smokeless coal (well it's black and it burns = same thing) - it wasn't a great sucess!

We've had a northern hemsiphere barbie too. Luckily not too cold outside, and luckily no smokeless coal:eek: Smokeless but not tasteless!

Happy Aussie day!

Gotta love the Aussies for giving us Nicole Kidman if nothing else. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Happy Aussie day!

Gotta love the Aussies for giving us Nicole Kidman if nothing else. :biggrin:

It's the nothing else I'm grateful for

Happy Australia Day!

To our convicts down under, have a great day!

MotoH said:
To our convicts down under, have a great day!

For those who may not know (including me up until a few minutes ago), Australia was used as a penal colony by Britian early in OZ's history.

http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/convicts/

Apparently it is a light-hearted joke between them now. Happy Australia Day!

EDIT -- fixed link.

Sylas, can you recommend a bus line? I'd love to visit.

G'day, Mate! :wink:

Have a bonzer day.

berkeman said:
For those who may not know (including me up until a few minutes ago), Australia was used as a penal colony by Britian early in OZ's history.

EDIT -- fixed link.

Still is a kind of place you go if you can't make it in the UK.

So far it has been a good Australia day with drinks with mates and working a Australia car while having a barbie .And now about to head down to the beach for a swim and watch the fireworks ...Happy Aussie day guys where every you are

berkeman said:

EDIT -- fixed link.

Ah. That explains it. The only vacation that I've ever had my hotel room broken into was in Australia. I woke up at 3am to discover that someone was on my third floor balcony trying to get the door open. I was about to call the cops when I saw the inside blinds open. I yelled at him to get out of my room and heard "No worries, mate!". That phrase holds a special meaning for me now. :tongue:

Are we expected to walk upside down today?

Only those who wonder about it.:smile:

Cheers!

Im in Aus as well :) awesome day with mates in the pool, snags on the barbie, great music and... Of course, a (few too many) beer in hand. Perfect day! Happy Australia day!

Wow that year went fast. Happy Australia day, all

Happy day, Australians!

I wonder about those Australians ... surely it would make more sense to have your national holiday in the summer. :biggrin:

I had Vegemite on toast for breakfast. :approve: :biggrin:

What is "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!"?

"Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" is a fun and educational event that celebrates Australia Day, the national holiday of Australia. It features activities and presentations by scientists Fuzzyfelt and Astronuc, as well as other experts.

When is "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!"?

"Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" takes place on January 26th, which is the official date of Australia Day.

Where is "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" held?

"Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" is held in various locations across Australia, including major cities and smaller towns. Check the event's website for specific locations and events near you.

Who can attend "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!"?

Anyone can attend "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" It is a family-friendly event that welcomes people of all ages and backgrounds. However, certain activities or presentations may have age restrictions, so be sure to check the event's website for details.

How can I participate in "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" as a scientist?

If you are a scientist and would like to participate in "Happy Australia Day: Fuzzyfelt, Astronuc & More!" as a presenter or activity leader, you can contact the event organizers to inquire about opportunities. You can also attend the event and engage with other scientists and attendees to share your knowledge and expertise.