School Mining Team Wins Canada's Mining Games

• Thread starter i_wish_i_was_smart
  • Start date
In summary, my team won a mining competition, but I wasn't part of any challenges that finished below 4th spot.
i_wish_i_was_smart
for you oldies who might remember me, or not..., i had posted a topic saying that i was part of my school team for the mining games, a place where teams from all over Canada composed of mining engineering students pit each other in vicious beer drinking battles, and mining challenges.

well to let you know of the outcome... my team one, out of 10, and i wasnt part of a challenge that finished below 4th spot.

(if you want to know more visit this page, and no there is no pics or updates because the damn webmasters and organizers are unorganized lazy basterds www.mininggames.org[/URL])

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
When'd you go, I couldv'e swore I remembered you?

anyway, welcome back and congratulations!

Welcome back! I've noticed you've been absent. Congratulations! Hope you will be around more. :smile:

You're from before my time, but I remember your posts in the member photo thread. Welcome back. Good to meet you.

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
my team one, out of 10, and i wasnt part of a challenge that finished below 4th spot
Congratulations! Imagine that, a mining student from Sudbury! I'd have thought that oceanography would be more likely. :rolleyes:
Anyhow, I don't know if I remember you from here or more likely from GP, but welcome back.

thx guys, i will try to visit a few more times, life is just insane right now. working in one of 2 opened and operational diamond mines in Canada, its 350km north north-east of yellowknife, smack dab in the middle of an island in the middle of a lake in the middle of the tundra... temperature is still in the minuses... i love it. i know what your thinking and no i won't bring you back and diamonds, seriously if i steal something where am i going to go, i can't just take a pick-up and leave FYI no roads.
Danger, i am not from sudbury, i just moved there after high school to study mining, i could of done it in Alberta i supose but what's the fun in that.

yomamma said:
When'd you go, I couldv'e swore I remembered you?

anyway, welcome back and congratulations!
i haven't posted for like 6 months or something, or maybe the odd post here or there

haha my cousin went over to America for a mining competition this year to represent Western Australia I guess haha.
They had a blast though which is good for them I guess :( I had assignments and mid-semesters at that time.
4th out of 10 is pretty good man. Congratulations :)

I know some people from Canada who have cousins living in Australia have really good skills in mining diamonds and digging Earth holes.

Last edited:
As always, I like Final Fantasy XI.

Hello, I am new here, i see this thread so I post right at once because I desire trongly to have a post introduce my self before I post more on the forums. :wink:

Soilwork said:
haha my cousin went over to America for a mining competition this year to represent Western Australia I guess haha.
They had a blast though which is good for them I guess :( I had assignments and mid-semesters at that time.

Hello Soilwork, I have an Australian friend who has recently jkoined a hockey club and was hit by a Chinese yellow dog :bugeye:,

I like hockey,

hahah stuff you guys :)
I was just saying that I knew about those competitions that were held this year and how they're pretty cool since you can win a sh*tload of money.
Haha but yeah I guess it was pretty irrelevant and stupid :)
That's just me though :biggrin:

I wish I were smart !:redface:

I think if you like to laughs you can juts click the icons on the the left when you before post so people able to see u laughers.

by the way, my dad says, it should be "How cool they are" not "how they are cool", it correct English!

Soilwork said:
you miss understood man, our team won the competition, but i never got a worst place than fourth in my challenges.
but that's pretty cool about your cousin... lots of mining to be done in australia for sure

What are the Canada's Mining Games?

The Canada's Mining Games is an annual competition that brings together mining engineering students from universities across Canada to participate in various mining-related challenges.

What is the School Mining Team?

The School Mining Team is a group of students from a specific school who have been selected to represent their university in the Canada's Mining Games.

How did the School Mining Team win the Canada's Mining Games?

The School Mining Team won the Canada's Mining Games by successfully completing all the challenges and obtaining the highest overall score among the participating universities.

What are the benefits of winning the Canada's Mining Games?

Winning the Canada's Mining Games not only brings prestige and recognition to the participating university, but it also provides students with networking opportunities and industry exposure.

How can other universities participate in the Canada's Mining Games?

Interested universities can register their mining engineering students to participate in the Canada's Mining Games through the official website or by contacting the event organizers.

Back