Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: I don't know, in charge or something. In summary, the series was okay, but learning something new was really cool.
tribdog
Okay, it's not better than sex, but it's better than a really good hamburger.
I listen to audiobooks while I'm at work, Lately I've been listening to The Teaching Company's series. these are lectures from the best professors in the world, each course is a series of 12-24 lectures about 30-45 minutes per lecture. I've learned about biology and physics and classical music, etc. The last one was about Relativity. I've known about Relativity for years, I could tell you what happens if you turn on your headlights while traveling at the speed of light, I could recite the twin paradox, etc. I didn't learn anything new from the series, but for some reason I had "that" moment. I had an epiphany. All of a sudden I not only knew relativity, I KNEW relativity. I love that feeling when all of a sudden I get it. That's why I love learning things. It's such a cool feeling.
Speaking of learning new things here's something I learned from the biology lecture. You've already heard that female roommates will start menstrating at the same time, but did you know this? Both women do not change their cycle, The dominant one will stay on her same cycle and the roommate will change to match her.

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I listen to audiobooks while I'm at work,

wait you lost me there

you do what again?

I actually had to google definition of work:

2. a. A job; employment: looking for work.

You've already heard that female roommates will start menstrating at the same time, but did you know this? Both women do not change their cycle, The dominant one will stay on her same cycle and the roommate will change to match her.

Pfft this is the oldest trick in any frat book. Both room mates get horny around the same ovulation time :biggrin:

cronxeh said:
wait you lost me there
you do what again?
I actually had to google definition of work:
I write reviews of audiobooks.

cronxeh said:
Pfft this is the oldest trick in any frat book. Both room mates get horny around the same ovulation time :biggrin:
of course, but did you know about the "Dominant" part of it? I think that's pretty cool. What's the opposite of dominant in this context? I don't want to say inferior or undominant or lesser.

Recessive, of course.

Learn genetics next <_<

Anyway, audiobooks are awesome, and learning stuff is awesome.

tribdog said:
I write reviews of audiobooks.
of course, but did you know about the "Dominant" part of it? I think that's pretty cool. What's the opposite of dominant in this context? I don't want to say inferior or undominant or lesser.

What defines who the dominant female is? Is she already established in the apartment and the other then moves in? What if they both move in simutaneously, do they arm wrestle or something?

Perhaps in this context one would use "submissive":tongue2: :devil: ?

DocToxyn said:
What defines who the dominant female is? Is she already established in the apartment and the other then moves in? What if they both move in simutaneously, do they arm wrestle or something?
Well, she's the one whose cycle doesn't change of course. :biggrin:

That's how I like my logic. circular.

heh, that's really cool. My mum and i are big fans of audio books. We travel a lot and make long drives, and they're really great to listen to then. She listens to weird ones though. I mostly listen to stories. I also once listened to scientology stuff on tape, that was interesting too.

Where can you buy a large selection of audiobooks, and with what do you play an audiobook?

I'm not familiar with audiobooks.

you can buy audiobooks at most bookstores, and they usually have a small selection at any store that sells books, (ie walmart.) i usually just get mine from the library. They're usually cassettes, so you play them with a cassette player.

DocToxyn said:

I don't know how to figure out but I'd sure love to be there when they do :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Maybe there's a woman who can put any roommate into "submission". There should be a championship or something.

Having lived with other women, I can tell you we never got in sync. Perhaps we were all dominant? :tongue:

Evo said:
Having lived with other women, I can tell you we never got in sync. Perhaps we were all dominant? :tongue:
I think I'm the dominant one. I've had roommates who never were in sync with me too, but when I've lived with women who have sync'd with me, I was never the one who changed. Though, I was pretty synchronized to a group of goats once (I was injecting them with hormones to control their cycles, and despite every precaution against it, I must have gotten some exposure to the hormones when giving the injections...I've never been so regular in all my life before or after that...I could predict the timing of menstruation to the hour!).

Ok all this talk about goats and cycles is starting to freak me out.

according to the professor it is pheromones wreaking the havoc

Moonbear said:
I think I'm the dominant one. I've had roommates who never were in sync with me too, but when I've lived with women who have sync'd with me, I was never the one who changed. Though, I was pretty synchronized to a group of goats once (I was injecting them with hormones to control their cycles, and despite every precaution against it, I must have gotten some exposure to the hormones when giving the injections...I've never been so regular in all my life before or after that...I could predict the timing of menstruation to the hour!).
I'd rather claim to be in sync with goats than some women I've known. :tongue:

Pengwuino said:
I don't know how to figure out but I'd sure love to be there when they do :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
While they're menstruating?!:bugeye:

What is "Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series"?

"Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series" is an educational program that offers a wide range of courses taught by experts in various fields. The courses are designed to help individuals expand their knowledge and learn new skills in a convenient and engaging format.

How can I access "Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series"?

The Teaching Company offers their courses through various platforms, including online streaming, DVD, and audio downloads. You can also purchase individual courses or subscribe to their monthly or yearly membership plans.

What topics are covered in "Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series"?

The Teaching Company offers courses in a diverse range of subjects, including science, history, literature, philosophy, and more. They are constantly adding new courses to their collection, so there is always something new to learn.

Are the courses in "Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series" suitable for all levels of learners?

Yes, the courses are designed to cater to a wide range of learners, from beginners to advanced students. Each course includes comprehensive materials to help learners at different levels understand the content and engage with the material.

Can I earn college credit or certifications from "Learning New Things: The Teaching Company Series"?

The courses offered by The Teaching Company are not accredited, and they do not offer any certifications or college credit. However, the courses are designed to provide a high-quality education and can be a valuable addition to your resume or personal development.