Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IT'S CRUCIFIXION SEASON tourists are in for a treat.

1. Mar 24, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://news.inq7.net/nation/index.php?index=3&story_id=31317&published_site=16

Note to self: Always sterilize nails before crucifiction.
    Got it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Leave us not forget to use only brass or lead hammers as well. Perish forbid anyone should risk getting a spark in his eye... :biggrin:

4. Mar 24, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's truly scary...that people even need to be warned crucifixion is dangerous. :uhh: :confused: You would think knowing that even the son of God died by crucifixion (I'm assuming those trying this believe that story) might be enough to hint that there's something inherently dangerous about it. :rolleyes: I have to admit there's a little voice in the back of my head asking why bother telling them it's dangerous if they don't know it already. :devil:

5. Mar 24, 2005 #4
    I saw a thing on this on tv. They know its not safe, they know they could die or whatever, but its a religious thing. You know how people can be about religious things. Actually, i think its kinda weird that tourists are even allowed to watch, and really sick actually. Its one thing to get crucified because of a belief, its another thing to watch someone do it cause it looks cool.

6. Mar 24, 2005 #5
    to make it more real they should offer death row inmates choice of dying on the cross instead on electric chair.

7. Mar 24, 2005 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

The thing that always gets me about the superfreaks is have they even thought about what they are doing from either a practical or religious standpoint? The whole point of Christianity is that Jesus died on the cross so you don't have to.

8. Mar 24, 2005 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Evolution in action. :biggrin: (There I go quoting Larry Niven again...)

9. Mar 24, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you've answered your own question. Or, perhaps it would make them better than god, not just followers, if they can survive what the son of god could not? :confused: I don't try to understand them, it would only make me crazier than they are.

10. Mar 24, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

You are crazier than them, and so am I, and I suspect a few others around here. The difference is that they're stupid crazy. Our craziness leads us along new intellectual pathways; theirs blocks them off. :approve:

11. Mar 24, 2005 #10
    Its like wiping the arm of a death row inmate with alcohol before they needle him with lethal injection to kill him. Dont want him to get an infection now do we....

12. Mar 24, 2005 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It comes from stuff like this:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?