Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

It's Guinness Time

1. Mar 22, 2006 #1

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I had a great day today!

I wrote a FORTRAN program to do some statistical analyses, and it worked better than I expected. I only had to a few debugs. :biggrin:

Any day that I can write a FORTRAN program - and it works better than expected - is a great day!

So, bottles up!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2006 #2
    You da man Astronuc! First ones on me!

4. Mar 22, 2006 #3
    Unfortunately I'm at work. No drinky at the worky.
    Now if I worked at the Guinness factory then I could join you. Having a Guinness on my lunch break is one of the many reasons I would love to work for them. They'll even pay you out for the Guinness you don't drink if you decline!

5. Mar 22, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No problem, I'm sure we can find someone to drink yours. :biggrin: It seems to be the night to drink. Another site I visit was having happy hour after the moderators there slayed the last of the trolls that found their way in tonight (well, it was all one troll who kept coming back with new names and leaving wakes of destruction in his path).

6. Mar 23, 2006 #5

Yay!! Guinness!! *Gets blind drunk and passes out*

7. Mar 23, 2006 #6

Pick me!!! OOh OOH !!1 Pick Me!!!

Really, i could use it.

8. Mar 23, 2006 #7

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll tip a Guiness with you all. Most any occasion will do it. Fortran.. I can't believe that anybody is still using it. I still have my Masters project around somewhere (maybe on 5.25" disks), it was in Fortran. But that was 20 years ago.

9. Mar 23, 2006 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Even though I could never downa Guiness (I'll share a shot with you though)...Prosit!

10. Mar 23, 2006 #9
    There is only one way to tell if a Guiness is good. Place an english penny on the foam: if it sinks through the foam then the Guiness is no good, if it stays on top then chug away!

11. Mar 23, 2006 #10

Astronuc

After removing the penny? BTW, is that a US, British or Irish penny? :biggrin:

12. Mar 23, 2006 #11
    It's supposed to be a british penny, due to their shape and mass. What, remove the penny? :uhh: They're the best part of the drink! :bugeye:

13. Mar 23, 2006 #12

Astronuc

I like a beer in which a spoons stands up.

Actually a Guinness beer float is pretty good - Guinness and vanilla ice cream. :tongue2:

14. Mar 23, 2006 #13

Danger

Gold Member

I usually drink Keith's, but a Guiness is nice now and then... especially for such a worthy achievement. Congrats, and cheers! :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?