Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Its insomnia all over again.

1. Yes, now tell me more about this sleep you speak of...

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Zzzz.....

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Nov 22, 2004 #1
    Well, its 3:34 am, so i'd post a new Insomnia thread:

Any other hardcore insomniacs?

I hate sleep personally. Too many nightmares. So i avoid sleep as much as i possibly can, and try never to be in anything but the lightest sleep, otherwise i tend to wake up screaming, or even just screaming in my sleep. Sucks for my roommate.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2004 #2
    3:54, I just gave up trying.

4. Nov 22, 2004 #3
    3:54 Am

All these people lurking and viewing but not posting. Driving me and my refresh button insane. Somebody post something somewhere please? Conversations with myself are fun, but they get me sent back to the place with the padded walls. I'm told they miss me there.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  5. Nov 22, 2004 #4

FINALLY!!!

A life sign!!!!

I'm not alone in the universe!!!

[/joygasm]

6. Nov 22, 2004 #5
    hmm, it seems our minutes are off by about 5, we've got all night, let's sort that out.

7. Nov 22, 2004 #6
    nah i was just rounding, my clock says 3:59 currently

8. Nov 22, 2004 #7
    ah ok, mine too.
    Shame, that would've been something to do.

9. Nov 22, 2004 #8
    This is almost as fast as instant messaging.

I don't whats more sad. That fact, or that i find that fact amusing.

10. Nov 22, 2004 #9
    The Amusing Part.

11. Nov 22, 2004 #10
    Hey its been some 25, 26 hours without sleep,i'm allowed to be entertained by the unentertaining. Especially with Kill Bill soundtracks playing in the background.

12. Nov 22, 2004 #11
    Eeeww Kill Bill, thats one of the suckiest movies I've ever not seen.

13. Nov 22, 2004 #12
    Blasphemy!!

That movie (and i mean both of them combined) is a masterpiece. The first volume even jsut for cinematography and music coordination as well as fight choreography, and the second for just about everything.

The Pai-Mei sequence is unholy. As are some of the shots in the house of blue leaves. And the end credits of vol 2 to "Malaguena Salerosa" look and sound sooo cool.

yeha i'm a little obsessed. I've watched the whole movie at least 15 times, maybe more.

14. Nov 22, 2004 #13
    I don't think I've ever watched a single movie 15 times..... I don't even know if I've watched 15 movies in my entire life.

15. Nov 22, 2004 #14

Lol.

Its the only movie i've bought since moving away from the parents' house, and i watch one of the two almost at least every day. They're jsut so awesome.

16. Nov 22, 2004 #15
    How long have you been out of your parent's house?

17. Nov 22, 2004 #16
    Since september.

18. Nov 22, 2004 #17
    Ah ok, are you in college then? I still don't know what/where I want to do/go when I graduate (I'm in grade 12) so I'll probably end up doing a gap year.

19. Nov 22, 2004 #18
    Yeah, I moved into the dorms in september, its my freshman year. Yeah, if you don't know what you want to do by nowits getting close to public uni deadlines (here anyway, they're anyday now i think).

20. Nov 22, 2004 #19
    My grades arn't good enough for University, I suppose I could do it if I take a year at North Island first, but like I said, I don't even know what I wanna do.

21. Nov 22, 2004 #20
    Well figuring out what you want to do whould be the first choice. Although, try a summer of manual labour. Odds are you'll decide very quickly you'd rather go to college. Worked for every other person i knew who wasn't sure what they wanted to do. they very quickly decided that unskilled labour was not it, whatever it was.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?