Can wrist braces help with insomnia?

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
In summary: I don't remember what the hearing was about.It was about a zoning change for my neighbor's house. I don't live near them, so it didn't affect me. But I do live near a school, so it might affect future students.In summary, these people are experts on sleep and insomnia. They share their experiences and opinions on the matter.

Do you have Insomnia?

• Yes, now tell me more about this sleep you speak of...

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Zzzz.....

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
franznietzsche
Well, its 3:34 am, so i'd post a new Insomnia thread:

Any other hardcore insomniacs?

I hate sleep personally. Too many nightmares. So i avoid sleep as much as i possibly can, and try never to be in anything but the lightest sleep, otherwise i tend to wake up screaming, or even just screaming in my sleep. Sucks for my roommate.

Physics news on Phys.org
3:54, I just gave up trying.

3:54 Am

All these people lurking and viewing but not posting. Driving me and my refresh button insane. Somebody post something somewhere please? Conversations with myself are fun, but they get me sent back to the place with the padded walls. I'm told they miss me there.

Last edited:
Smurf said:
3:54, I just gave up trying.

FINALLY!

A life sign!

I'm not alone in the universe!

[/joygasm]

hmm, it seems our minutes are off by about 5, we've got all night, let's sort that out.

Smurf said:
hmm, it seems our minutes are off by about 5, we've got all night, let's sort that out.

nah i was just rounding, my clock says 3:59 currently

ah ok, mine too.
Shame, that would've been something to do.

This is almost as fast as instant messaging.

I don't what's more sad. That fact, or that i find that fact amusing.

The Amusing Part.

Smurf said:
The Amusing Part.

Hey its been some 25, 26 hours without sleep,i'm allowed to be entertained by the unentertaining. Especially with Kill Bill soundtracks playing in the background.

Eeeww Kill Bill, that's one of the suckiest movies I've ever not seen.

Smurf said:
Eeeww Kill Bill, that's one of the suckiest movies I've ever not seen.

Blasphemy!

That movie (and i mean both of them combined) is a masterpiece. The first volume even just for cinematography and music coordination as well as fight choreography, and the second for just about everything.

The Pai-Mei sequence is unholy. As are some of the shots in the house of blue leaves. And the end credits of vol 2 to "Malaguena Salerosa" look and sound sooo cool.

yeha I'm a little obsessed. I've watched the whole movie at least 15 times, maybe more.

I don't think I've ever watched a single movie 15 times... I don't even know if I've watched 15 movies in my entire life.

Smurf said:
I don't think I've ever watched a single movie 15 times... I don't even know if I've watched 15 movies in my entire life.

Lol.

Its the only movie I've bought since moving away from the parents' house, and i watch one of the two almost at least every day. They're just so awesome.

How long have you been out of your parent's house?

Smurf said:
How long have you been out of your parent's house?

Since september.

Ah ok, are you in college then? I still don't know what/where I want to do/go when I graduate (I'm in grade 12) so I'll probably end up doing a gap year.

Yeah, I moved into the dorms in september, its my freshman year. Yeah, if you don't know what you want to do by nowits getting close to public uni deadlines (here anyway, they're anyday now i think).

My grades arn't good enough for University, I suppose I could do it if I take a year at North Island first, but like I said, I don't even know what I want to do.

Well figuring out what you want to do whould be the first choice. Although, try a summer of manual labour. Odds are you'll decide very quickly you'd rather go to college. Worked for every other person i knew who wasn't sure what they wanted to do. they very quickly decided that unskilled labour was not it, whatever it was.

hehe, well secondary education it is... but what courses, that is the question!

Smurf said:
hehe, well secondary education it is... but what courses, that is the question!

Well at most colleges you ahve a while to decide what you want to major in. Mine is something of an exception to that rule. You start in your major immediately here, and general educationis spread out over all four years.

say franz, have you ever been to massechusets? what's it like there?

No I've never been there. But i have friends going to collegenear boston. They're complainingabout the cold rightnow. But then again we're all from the California desert.

Where were you guys three hours ago? I gave up and had to watch C-SPAN. What's worse, it was a hearing I had already seen.

3 hours ago would have been 1 o clock.. I was re-organizing my music files.

I was in Massachusetts the summer before last... lived a few minutes from MIT- the reason I moved there. Anyway, it was nice- interesting architecture, easy to get around, Cambridge police are great, plenty to do...

I was downloading music and organizingit, ironicallyenough. And laundry. I needed clothes for the next sunrise time.

hehe, I am considering going to MIT, purely because of Noam Chomsky :tongue2:

Noam Chomsky?

I think there's a law that at least one in every five businesses must be a bar. Lots of bars.

Your arch-enemy, the most leftist, most outspoken person and critic of US policy.
www.chomsky.info

I like bars

Smurf said:
Your arch-enemy, the most leftist, most outspoken person and critic of US policy.
www.chomsky.info

I like bars

Bars do us no good, we're under 21.

My posts are gradually getting worse in grammar and spelling as the morning waxes on.

I wanted to go mainly because of Richard Feynman ;) Well, he was the person I most identified with MIT at least...

Bah, he'sa linguistics professor. No wonder.

He's just jealous of Bush'slinguistic skills andis lashing out in shame.