It's me again. need somebody to check my answer

• Thread starter cseet
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a series RCL circuit and its properties when driven by a generator with a maximum emf and variable angular frequency. The resonant frequency is found to be 6.45E3 rad/s and the values for I(rms), X(c), X(L), Z, and phase angle are also calculated at w=7.0E3 rad/s. The only uncertainty is in finding I(rms) at resonance, as it is unclear which frequency is being referred to.
cseet
Hi all,

it's me again... sorry but this is the only place where I learn most of my physics from... pls kindly check my answer and for the last part... I found the angle but don't know how to convert it to (rad)... pls guide me...thanks

A series RCL circuit with L= 6.5 mH, C=3.7uF, and R = 5.5ohm is driven by a generator with a maximum emf of 197 V and a variable angular frequency w.

(a) Find the resonant frequency . (Unit: rad/s)

6.45E3 rad/s

(b) Find I(rms) at resonance when w=7.0E3 rad/s . (Unit: A)

25.3 A

(c) Find X(c) when w=7.0E3 rad/s. (Unit: ohm)

38.6 ohm

(d) Find X(L) when w=7.0E3 rad/s. (Unit: ohm)

45.5 ohm

(e) Find Z when w=7.0E3 rad/s. (Unit: ohm)

8.82 phm

(f) Find I(rms) when w=7.0E3 rad/s. (Unit: A)

15.8 A

(g) Find the phase angle when w=7.0E3 rad/s. (Unit: rad)

phase angle = inverse tan ((45.5-38.6) / 5.5) = 51.4

answer: I found the angle to be 51.4 degrees but how do I convert it to unit - rad?

thanks
cseet

Physics news on Phys.org
cseet said:
answer: I found the angle to be 51.4 degrees but how do I convert it to unit - rad?

If I'm not mistaken this is a conversion between degrees and radians.

[tex]\frac{2 \pi}{360} = \frac{x}{51.4}[/tex]

and solve for x. Don't factor out [tex]\pi[/tex], use it in your answer. For example [tex]x = 0.98 \pi[/tex]

Last edited:
All answers are correct (good job!) except for (b) which I cannot confirm nor deny. I still don't understand the meaning of "I(rms) at resonance when w=7.0E3 rad/s" when the only resonance frequency is 6.45E3 rad/s. If they only want you to find I(rms) at w=7.0E3 rad/s, then the answer should be the same as (f), 15.8A.

What is "It's me again. need somebody to check my answer" about?

"It's me again. need somebody to check my answer" is a phrase commonly used by students or individuals seeking help or clarification on a particular answer or solution. It can be found in various online forums or study groups where people are looking for assistance with their work.

Why do people ask for others to check their answers?

People often ask for others to check their answers because they want to ensure that they have solved a problem correctly. By having someone else review their work, they can catch any mistakes or errors that they may have overlooked. It also helps to gain a different perspective and potentially learn from others' approaches to the problem.

Is it necessary to have someone check my answer?

It is not always necessary to have someone check your answer, but it can be beneficial. If you are confident in your solution, then you may not need to have someone else review it. However, if you are unsure or want to make sure your answer is correct, it is always helpful to have a second set of eyes review your work.

How can I find someone to check my answer?

There are various ways to find someone to check your answer. You can ask a classmate, a friend, or a family member. You can also seek help from online forums or study groups where people are willing to assist others with their work. Additionally, many schools and universities offer tutoring services where you can get help with your answers.

What should I do if I disagree with the person checking my answer?

If you disagree with the person checking your answer, it is essential to communicate your concerns and reasoning respectfully. It is also helpful to provide evidence or explanations to support your solution. Remember to keep an open mind and consider their perspective as well. Ultimately, the goal is to learn and improve, so constructive discussions can be beneficial for both parties.