It's possible to physically construct a 4-d hypercube?

• Thread starter meteor
  • Start date
In summary, it is not currently possible to physically construct a 4-d hypercube due to our limited ability to move through dimensions above the three primary dimensions. However, there are theoretical possibilities in M-theory and other dimensions that could potentially allow for the construction of a 4-d hypercube. Additionally, there are ways to visually represent 4-d objects, such as through computer models, and there are even online games centered around the concept of a hypercube.
meteor
I say it because M-theory affirms that there exists 11 dimensions
And says that there are branes that have 10 dimensions
Why is not possible to construct a 4d-hypercube?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by meteor
I say it because M-theory affirms that there exists 11 dimensions
And says that there are branes that have 10 dimensions
Why is not possible to construct a 4d-hypercube?

Yes, I often wonder this, and also since as you know the Earth is surrounded by seven crystal spheres (one for the sun, one for the moon, and one more for each of the five planets) I am often asking myself how the angels can get down to earth.

Perhaps each of the crystal spheres has a little door in it which
they can use for going in and out. And also I wonder how the Holy Mother could get pregnant when she was still a virgin. It must have to do with M-theory and extra dimensions.

Personally i don't think so.
(As far as i know) human haven't been able to visualize a 4d world till this moment, therefore you can't built a 4d cube (although theoretically it is possible to have a 4d cube).

Originally posted by marcus
And also I wonder how the Holy Mother could get pregnant when she was still a virgin. It must have to do with M-theory and extra dimensions.

Have you not heard of artificial insemination?

Originally posted by plus
Have you not heard of artificial insemination?

By way of the extra dimensions!
I see it all now.

meiosis must have been a hoot!

Unfortunatly, no. The reason quite simply is that we have no way to move (at will) through any dimensions above the three primary dimensions .. the x,y,z planes ...

You can however make a physical representation of a hypercude .. this is rather like drawing a cube on piece of paper.

All you do is make two cubes (tooth picks and blutack work good) and join every corner on the first cube to the corosponding corner on the second cube ... it helps if the cubes overlap each other.

haven't been able to visualize a 4d world
This is not true .. I have seen several 2d representations of 4d objects modeled on computers.

As for marcus's comments about crystal spheres,.. well I suspect his brain is one because it clearly has a much higher density than standard brain matter.

Anyone who doubts there are high dimensions should read Einsteins special theory of relativity, which states the gravity is a dimension and not a force!

Heres my favorite internet game http://www1.tip.nl/~t515027/hypercube.html . Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a 4-d hypercube?

A 4-d hypercube, also known as a tesseract, is a four-dimensional shape made up of eight cubes connected by their faces. It is the 4-dimensional analog of a cube, just like a cube is the 3-dimensional analog of a square.

2. How is it possible to physically construct a 4-d hypercube?

A 4-d hypercube cannot be physically constructed in our 3-dimensional world, as our physical reality is limited to three dimensions. However, theoretical mathematicians and scientists have developed ways to represent and visualize 4-dimensional objects through mathematical equations and computer simulations.

3. What is the purpose of constructing a 4-d hypercube?

The construction and study of 4-d hypercubes can help us understand higher dimensions and explore the possibilities of a universe with more than three dimensions. It also has applications in fields such as physics, computer graphics, and topology.

4. Are there any real-life examples of a 4-d hypercube?

No, there are no physical examples of a 4-d hypercube in our 3-dimensional world. However, some scientists have proposed that the shape of the universe could be a 4-d hypercube, but this is still a theoretical concept.

5. Is it possible for humans to fully comprehend a 4-d hypercube?

As humans, we are limited by our ability to perceive only three dimensions. It is difficult for us to fully comprehend and visualize a 4-d hypercube, but with the help of mathematical and computer representations, we can get a better understanding of its properties and characteristics.