It's that time again: Help by tonight

• Thread starter NINHARDCOREFAN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking help with a physics problem involving the calculation of speed around a circle. They provide their attempted solution, but it is incorrect. The expert corrects the mistakes and provides the correct formula for calculating speed around a circle. The resulting speed is calculated to be 2.42 m/s.
NINHARDCOREFAN
Thanks in advance for the help. I'm stuck on problem #12(please see the attached file). I did this:
r= cos(26)*2.8(is this right?)
r= 2.52
a= mg/(cos(ang))
r*a=v(squared)

a= 5.9(9.8)/cos(26)
a= 64.3

v= sqrt(2.52*64.3)
v= 12.7

What's wrong with this?

Attachments

• hw.pdf
    49.4 KB · Views: 369
Physics news on Phys.org
"r= cos(26)*2.8(is this right?)"

No, it's not. r is the "opposite" side of the right triangle:
r= sin(26)*2.8

"a= mg/(cos(ang))"

No, that's wrong. For one thing, there is no "m" in the acceleration. For another thing, the acceleration you want, in order to calculate speed around the circle is the acceleration toward the center, that's directed along the opposite side of your triangle, not the hypotenuse. The formula you want is a/g= tan(ang) (a= opposite side, g= near side).

You do want v2= r* a which is
v2= (2.8 sin(26))(9.8 tan(26)).

I get v= 2.42 m/s.

1. What is "It's that time again: Help by tonight" about?

"It's that time again: Help by tonight" is a phrase commonly used to express urgency or a deadline for completing a task or project. It often implies that assistance or support is needed to meet the deadline.

2. Why is it important to get help by tonight?

Getting help by tonight may be important because it allows for enough time to complete a task or project before a deadline. It may also prevent delays or setbacks in achieving a goal.

3. What kind of help is usually needed by tonight?

The type of help needed by tonight can vary depending on the task or project. It could involve physical assistance, such as help with moving or setting up equipment. It could also involve intellectual assistance, such as brainstorming ideas or solving a problem.

4. How can I find help by tonight?

There are several ways to find help by tonight. You can reach out to friends, family, or colleagues who may be able to assist you. You can also look for online resources or hire a professional for specialized help.

5. What should I do if I can't find help by tonight?

If you are unable to find help by tonight, it may be helpful to reassess your deadline and see if it can be extended. You can also try to break down the task into smaller, manageable parts that you can complete on your own. Additionally, seeking out advice or guidance from others may provide new perspectives or solutions.