Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ivan and Tsu's kitties

1. Jul 21, 2004 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

Math Is Hard requested pictures of our kitties in another thread which has since been DELETED! - albiet at my request (I didn't think our new Mentor would actually DO it... :surprise: I mean, she never did anything I told her do before!!! :devil: I think this Mentor power-thingy is going to her head already. :rofl: :rofl: :tongue2: )

But I digress. :rolleyes:

So, without further ado, may I present Miss Zoobie...

[​IMG]

And our sweet Einstein...

[​IMG]

And last, but certainly not least, :biggrin: our newest addition, Miss Bun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last picture is with her sharing my lap with my computer and using my 'mouse hand/arm' as her pillow. :biggrin: Isn't she SWEET?!?!? :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Heheh. :biggrin: I figured out how to delete it! :biggrin:

The kitties are SO CUTE. Miss Bun is just adorable. :approve:

My herd of transients are MIA lately and I was starting to worry I'd never see them again, but this morning I saw two of them being chased by the JAWS OF DEATH. I HATE that dog. I don't care that she can make tamales, she's brain dead. :grumpy:

4. Jul 21, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

She can make TAMALES?!?!?! SEND her to ME!!!!! I LOVE HER!! I have SKUNKS she can chase!!! :biggrin:

5. Jul 21, 2004 #4

Evo

I don't think you'd want her tamales. She injests them first then reproduces them in the back yard, if you get my drift. :yuck:

Oh, she loves to chase skunks and corner them right outside my bedroom window. :bugeye:

6. Jul 21, 2004 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

Oh. THOSE tamales. Never mind. :biggrin:

7. Jul 21, 2004 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

puddy tats!!!!

OooOOHHHH!! What sweet little kittums!!! Thank you for posting those pics, Tsu. So Zoobie is a tabby? That's my favorite breed. They are so intelligent. And I see she has the classic "M" on her forehead. I always wondered what that stood for. :smile:
    Einstein has a most interesting face - he looks quite serene, and in some ways almost alien.
    Bun is every bit the baby sister, isn't she. "You may adore me now." she seems to say.

Evo, what breed is this tamale-making dog of yours? Sounds quite rare!

8. Jul 21, 2004 #7

Evo

She's a yellow lab, but she may be an alien breeding experiment gone wrong. The dog never stops chewing. I have teeth marks on my windowsills, kitchen cabinets, she actually chewed a hole through the family room wall. Right in the middle of the wall mind you, not a corner. She has eaten all of the telephones, all kitchen appliances, all furniture, she ate through 3 metal gates that I tried to contain her with, the window blinds, shoes, purses...

I finally exiled her to the back yard. I completely fenced in the yard and had an 8' x 12' storage shed built for her with windows (so she gets cross ventilation) a skylight and a dog door. So, when it's pouring down rain or hailing, does she go into this fabulous dog palace for shelter? No, she stands outside and barks.

9. Jul 21, 2004 #8
    Can't see the pics.

10. Jul 21, 2004 #9
    :smile: :smile: :smile:

WOW! :approve: that has got to be the cutest most little white squares with a red x in them, i have EVER seen!!

do you have a closeup of the little white one, with the red x in it? :smile:

11. Jul 21, 2004 #10

Evo

Place your cursor over the little red x and right click. A box will open, at the bottom it will say properties, click on properties and another box will open. It will show the URL address, open another browser window and copy and paste the address in the new window and hit enter. You should be able to see the picture.

12. Jul 21, 2004 #11
    you mean those aren't the real pics? :confused:

13. Jul 21, 2004 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow! That's quite a problem.
    My friends who are dog owners have said good things about using "crate training" to correct doggie behavioral problems. It seemed cruel to me at first, but the people who use it say that dogs have a natural "denning" instinct, and being confined to a small area make them feel secure.
    Of course, I guess it doesn't do much good if the dog chews through the crate! :biggrin:

14. Jul 21, 2004 #13

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Aren't they just precious.

Unfortunetly, I think Miss Bun has some plans of her own:

Miss Bun

15. Jul 21, 2004 #14

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why does that remind me of Pinky and the Brain???
    :rofl:

16. Jul 21, 2004 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

dduardo, what is that thing you posted supposed to be? I click it and explorer tells me it doesn't know what to do with it and expects me to download something. Sigh.

Tsu...adorable kitties! Especially Bun...what a sweetie...I like those smoky gray kitties. Einstein looks...um...well fed :-) And Zoobie is quite sweet looking too...I don't see too many tabbies with long hair like that (or it looked long in the picture anyway)...unique!

Thanks for sharing.

17. Jul 21, 2004 #16

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Moonbear it's a picture.

18. Jul 21, 2004 #17

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey! What did you do to my sweet little kitty? Actually, she is already malicious enough. :biggrin: If I lie on the couch she likes to lay between my legs and chase her tail; using my legs for high speed, deep traction turns! :surprise:

She has a wonderful personality and is officially my new office buddy. I am also giving her honorary co-mentor status.

New kitties are fun. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

19. Jul 21, 2004 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It is, unfortunately. Around here that means high maintenance; picker picking! In the summer we have a lot of thistle and sticker plants around here. In the winter, it’s the mud. Oh well, goes with turf.

We are pretty sure that she was the offspring of semi-wild barn kitties. That or at 8 weeks she had already been on the run for a long time. She does seem to be an odd mix though.

20. Jul 21, 2004 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ugh, thistles and long hair definitely do not go well together...or they do...but not good for the person charged with separating them again.

dduardo, what did you do to Bun's eyes? Poor thing. (Yep, once I knew what I was trying to open, I was able to see it...very funny).

I really like kittens, but have never been overly fond of grown-up cats...they just have too much attitude. I'm more of a dog person...though not ones like Evo's Jaws of Death Lab! Yikes! I like the ones who run up to the door when you get home, tail-wagging, all happy to see you and just want to play.

21. Jul 21, 2004 #20

Tsu

Gold Member

That's HYSTERICAL dduardo!!! It will be copied and placed in her picture file! Thank you!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?