Ivan seeking help me

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date

Evo

Mentor
Ivan seeking help me!!!

A while back you posted an article about a "new" hot pepper found accidently by some guy I think in Africa. It was a hitherto unknown plant. It was a plant that had cherry like fruits, but they were peppery. There was a thread about it that you started.

Today I found some at the store it was spelled peppada. I instantly rememberered that thread you made about them. They were round, bright red, the size of a cherry and hot.

Do you remember this thread? I can't even find peppada on google, and I have a container of them. :bugeye: They aren't bad, very sweet, a bit hot.

I am NOT crazy!!! :mad:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That does ring a bell... but the name doesn't sound right.

Evo

Mentor
FIND IT!!!! I've been wanting to find that thing and try it since you posted about it.

I HAVE SOME.

I aM nOt CrAzY. <eye twitches>

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you think they would be good for traditional spicy dishes, like tacos? :biggrin:

Oh, that's right. The ones sold at the deli are for hors d'oeuvres... I have never tasted them raw.

Last edited:

Evo

Mentor
PEPPADEW!!!! That's it and you discovered it!!!!

I have some!

Have I ever told you how awesome you are?

Evo

Mentor
They are very sweet, almost like candy, with a flavor I can't pinpoint, they are very mild.

Let me chomp another one.

Hmmm, unlike anything I've ever tasted. I paid $8 a pound for these things.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
must have!!!

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Safeway must have stopped carrying them not long after I posted. I had almost forgotten about it. But yes, I thought they were verrrry tasty.

My cat thinks I'm awesome too. :approve:

cristo

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Peppadew peppers are delicious: we have a pizza restaurant chain over here that does a chicken with cajun sauce, peppadew peppers, garlic and red onions pizza.. mm, it's sooo tasty!

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I want some.

What's the hottest chilli any of you guys have ever eaten?

Evo

Mentor
One of those tiny little nuclear peppers in Asian food. The ones that they tell you not to eat.

turbo

Gold Member
My home-grown habanero chilies beat anything I have ever found in a store. They are WAY hotter than supermarket habaneros. There's a couple of guys in town that own a hothouse and they start my chili plants for me. They know that in addition to a variety of other chilies and a LOT of jalapenos for poppers, I want the very hottest habanero varieties that they can find. They never disappoint.

I don't eat those raw, but I did eat the Super Chilies that I grew last year. They are WAY hotter than jalapenos, especially when you get up near the stem where the placenta and seeds are.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I still haven't tasted one yet. I had forgot that I had asked about them at my veggie market. I'm going to half to ask again.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One of those tiny little nuclear peppers in Asian food. The ones that they tell you not to eat.
I have bitten into those with almost no effect, but once about twenty years ago I bit into one, and, speaking as someone who grew-up on Mexican food and having hot-eating contests with dad, it felt like someone had sliced my tongue with a knife! I couldn't believe that anything could be that hot.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Re: Ivan seeking help me!!!

Yesterday I bought some Peppadew Mustard Sauce. Can't wait to try it!