Ive been accused to fake experimental data and thats false

In summary, Russ believes that the experiment did not produce accurate results, and he is suggesting that someone with more rigorous techniques carry on the experiment.
capullosois
I might not have carried out my experiment very rigorously using a toy gyroscope that lasts 7 minutes.
But in 20 measures the two top lasting winds were the ones that had precession and the rest were showing equal lasting with variations of 30 seconds usually

Physics news on Phys.org
So did you calculate what a 30 second variation means? Did you calculate how much current theory says it should change? What, specifically, makes you think there is anything interesting/unusual about this result?

You're making claims here that are extrordinary and such claims require extreme scientific rigor before anyone will give them much more than a passing glance.

Last edited:
Then I am suggesting somebody with the capability to be more rigorous carry on this experiment that might have been overlooked.
If the times coincide no calculation is necessary since the point of the experiment is to see if a wind with precession lasts the same than a non precessive wind

capullosois said:
If the times coincide no calculation is necessary since the point of the experiment is to see if a wind with precession lasts the same than a non precessive wind
No experiment ever produces exactly the same result every time. Quantifying the error inherrent in the experiment is essential to determining if you have witnessed a valid phenomena. That includes calculating the expected result and determining if the measured result is close (or far) enough to cover such errors.

Also, what makes you think that precession needs to be powered?

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
No experiment ever produces exactly the same result every time. Quantifying the error inherrent in the experiment is essential to determining if you have witnessed a valid phenomena. That includes calculating the expected result and determining if the measured result is close (or far) enough to cover such errors.
Just adding to russ' good comment a comment of my own:
In fact, one could say that the distinguishing mark of experimental science IS to specify the "error margin".

If you haven't established a sound error margin, you haven't been doing experimental SCIENCE.

Last edited:
I truly believe precession not needing to be powered.But it can be used to power the gyro itself.
The point of my experiment was to check this out and to my amazement the results were the unexpected, precession needs not to be powered is a movement that requires no energy imput

I just watched a documental that described how a group of scientists are trying to build a self feeded dynamo, just as the Earth core, that produces the magnetic field which produces electricity fields around the planet that feeds the magnetic field of the Earth and so on in a vicious circle.
And all is done by the Earths melted metal core

...try not watching so much TV, and read some Science books instead - it may help you understand more if you do!

It's like a car wreck...I can't seem to stop watching for his posts.

Must...resist...

FredGarvin said:
It's like a car wreck...I can't seem to stop watching for his posts.

Must...resist...
Why resist? It's like the Chuck Barris version of "Where's Ivan?" Take it as the guilty pleasure that it is, the way some idiots watch reality shows. :biggrin:

Yet another aviator sockpuppet banned.

Keep it up, buddy. It takes us three clicks to ban a user, and four to ban an IP.

and there's a lot more of us than there are of you.

What is fake experimental data?

Fake experimental data refers to any data that has been fabricated or altered in order to support a false conclusion or claim. This can be done intentionally or unintentionally.

How can someone be accused of fake experimental data?

Someone can be accused of fake experimental data if there is evidence or suspicion that the data they have presented is not accurate or has been manipulated in some way.

What are the consequences of being accused of fake experimental data?

The consequences of being accused of fake experimental data can vary depending on the severity of the accusation and the field of study. It can range from a warning or retraction of the research to loss of credibility and even legal action.

What should I do if I am falsely accused of fake experimental data?

If you are falsely accused of fake experimental data, it is important to gather and present evidence to support the authenticity and accuracy of your data. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a trusted mentor or advisor.

How can I prevent being accused of fake experimental data?

To prevent being accused of fake experimental data, it is important to maintain proper research protocols and procedures, double check and validate all data before presenting it, and be transparent and open to feedback and criticism from peers and colleagues.