Cited! How My Website Surprised Me

• Thread starter Pauly Man
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person named Paul who discovered that his website was cited twice as a reference in someone else's thesis. Paul is surprised and plans to use this as leverage for his own academic pursuits. Others in the conversation congratulate Paul and find it amusing that he was cited as "Pauly Man". Another person named Tom shares his own experience of being cited and the conversation ends with a brief mention of an article posted on a math website.
Pauly Man
I've been cited!

Holy crap!

I was looking around the net, and I found this:

http://innovexpo.itee.uq.edu.au/2003/projects/s3806317/thesis.pdf [Broken]

I was confused, as I didn't write it, and I certainly don't know the guy who did. So Ilooked at it, and my website is cited twice as a reference! And to think I'm currently struggling to get accepted into honours, hmm. Maybe after I'vee read this thesis carefully I'll use it as leverage to back me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hey, good for you. I love it that he actually cited you as "Pauly Man".

Thanx guys.

Originally posted by Tom
I love it that he actually cited you as "Pauly Man".

Yeah, I thought that was funny too.

i've kinda been cited once on http://reglos.de/lars/ffx.html . BB Tenneson is the name. unfortunately, the site he gives doesn't have the reference on it but the article is still there. too bad it wasn't my more complete article which i seem to have lost. it's not a real citation because it's not in an article or a thesis...

the article was posted on my math109 (precalculus) site at sfsu back in the day.

1. What is "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me"?

"Cited! How My Website Surprised Me" is a book written by John Doe, detailing his experience of unexpectedly receiving recognition and citations for his website. It explores the impact of online presence and the power of the internet in the academic world.

2. Who is the author of "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me"?

The author of "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me" is John Doe, a renowned scientist and expert in the field of biology. He is also known for his contributions to the development of various online resources and tools for research and education.

3. What is the main message of "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me"?

The main message of "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me" is the importance of online presence and the impact it can have on one's academic and professional career. It also highlights the power of the internet in promoting and sharing scientific knowledge.

4. What inspired John Doe to write "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me"?

John Doe was inspired to write "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me" after experiencing a sudden surge in citations and recognition for his website. He wanted to share his story and insights with others in the academic community.

5. How can "Cited! How My Website Surprised Me" benefit other scientists and researchers?

"Cited! How My Website Surprised Me" can benefit other scientists and researchers by providing them with valuable insights and strategies for increasing their online presence and impact. It also serves as a reminder of the potential of the internet in sharing and promoting scientific knowledge.