I've been out of the loop for a while and I know that I keep saying

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Loop
In summary, being "out of the loop" means being uninformed or not actively involved in a particular situation or topic for a period of time. People say this phrase to acknowledge their lack of knowledge or understanding due to not being involved or informed. The length of time for it to be significant can vary. Being "out of the loop" is not necessarily negative, but it can be a disadvantage if one needs to be up-to-date. To catch up, one can ask for updates, do research, or attend relevant meetings or discussions. It may also be helpful to ask for a summary or overview before diving into details.
Math Jeans
I've been out of the loop for a while and I know that I keep saying that I am going to be active again, but I still haven't gotten around to it :frown:.

Anyway, is there a chat session today, and if so, what is the link?

Physics news on Phys.org

I don't know if there was chat on Sunday, but for future reference here is the link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

(Only works when chat is active.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, I missed the PMs. I'll try again next Sunday :biggrin:.

1. What does it mean to be "out of the loop"?

"Being out of the loop" means that you have not been informed or involved in a particular situation or topic for a period of time, and therefore may not have the most up-to-date information or understanding about it.

2. Why do people say "I've been out of the loop for a while"?

People say this phrase to acknowledge that they have not been actively involved or informed about a particular subject or situation for a period of time. It can be used as an explanation for why they may not have the most current knowledge or understanding about it.

3. How long does someone need to be "out of the loop" for it to be significant?

The length of time someone needs to be "out of the loop" for it to be significant can vary depending on the situation. It could range from a few days to weeks or even months, depending on the pace of change and updates in the topic or situation.

4. Is being "out of the loop" a negative thing?

Not necessarily. Being out of the loop can simply mean that someone has not been actively involved or informed about a topic or situation. It may not have any negative connotations, but it can be a disadvantage if the person needs to be up-to-date on the information.

5. How can someone catch up after being "out of the loop" for a while?

To catch up after being out of the loop, one can ask for updates from others who have been actively involved, do research on the topic, or attend meetings or discussions related to the subject. It may also be helpful to ask for a summary or overview to get a general understanding before diving into the details.