Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I've been tracked down

1. Sep 4, 2009 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

My friend messaged me on facebook one day randomly and in the course of our discussion, he said "do you ever go to this physicsforums.com?". My friend just graduated with his MS as well. I answered "yes". He then asks "Are you the penguin guy"..... and i was just like ".....maybe".

How in the world did he find me?

So I guess if anyone's wondering, i really do act this way in reality.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2009 #2
    Maybe there was some info that gave it away in some of your posts.

4. Sep 4, 2009 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

He said "it sounded like you". GIGGLE

5. Sep 4, 2009 #4
    Silly pengwuin is silly.

6. Sep 4, 2009 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: So, if he knows you're here and the penguin, that must mean he's at least been lurking, or maybe is a member here too. How about telling him he needs to sign up and/or let us know he's a friend of the penguin. :biggrin:

7. Sep 4, 2009 #6
    So he by chance reads this forum, saw a guy (you) that sounds like a guy he knows (you) and decided to ask you if it's you? Talk about a shot in the dark. Really, how much personality can you recognize from forum posts?

8. Sep 4, 2009 #7
    Or maybe your friend on facebook is actually your second personality due to your unperceived severe case of schizophrenia.

Lets see, you both are on facebook, you both are on this forum, and you both just graduated with MS degrees, and at least one of you can identify the others persona on the internet. Yep, I would say that you and your friend are in fact the same penguin.

9. Sep 4, 2009 #8
    When you left a trail of penguin poop that could be seen from space, what was to be expected? Of course you'd be tracked down!

10. Sep 4, 2009 #9
    Perhaps it was the penguin suit that you are wearing in your face-book picture. :smile:

11. Sep 4, 2009 #10

drizzle

Gold Member

or maybe... his leftover fish bones was spread all around!! :biggrin:

12. Sep 4, 2009 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I had forgotten about that!

13. Sep 5, 2009 #12

Mk

Haha. You can get quite an accurate understanding of someone's personality through only text. :)

14. Sep 6, 2009 #13
    Since I started posting, a lot of people call me Jimmy. Who knew that PF was so popular?

15. Sep 6, 2009 #14

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's OK...Jimmy is a great name (or so I've been told).

16. Sep 6, 2009 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I also just realized my myspace picture is penguin themed.... maybe that helped.

17. Sep 6, 2009 #16

turbo

Gold Member

Did you mention in myspace that you LOVE Sonic ice? That's a bit of a giveaway....

18. Sep 6, 2009 #17
    We all share more than we realize.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook