Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I've discovered something Gokul and I have in common

1. May 11, 2006 #1

Curious3141

Homework Helper

...in our posts, that is. :biggrin:

It's something that I used to do as a habit, but I'm gradually forcing myself to change after discovering it's not correct. o:) You'll see this sort of thing in my earlier posts (up till about a month back) but not in my newest posts. Gokul's still doing it.

What is it?

(It's something related to the typesetting of our posts).

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2006 #2
    Was it this ?!

4. May 11, 2006 #3

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Double spacing lines?

~H

5. May 11, 2006 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think Knavish has the correct answer (I haven't looked at your older posts).

I know that's wrong, but it just looks nicer and less cluttered to me that way. I've repeatedly done it the "right" way and then gone back and edited it, because it just hurt my eyes. Periods and commas are small enough that they don't give the impression of cluttering.

6. May 11, 2006 #5

Curious3141

Homework Helper

Yes, exactly, Knavish had it right. We both tend to put spaces before exclamation points and question marks.

Actually, I was blithely unaware of the error till some jerk with whom I was embroiled in a flame war on another forum decided to compensate for his lack of substantive arguments with cheap shots against my punctuation. That's when I realised it wasn't quite correct, so I'm trying to change, but it's tough.

Just like Gokul, I find it easier on the eyes to leave a space there...oh, well.:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?