Unleashing the Power of Rest: The Benefits of Taking a Break After Exams

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary: Every passing moment makes me wonder whether you're doing the better thing by staying in academia. Time will...show us.
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just finished my last exam!

I have 91 days of doing absolutely bod all now, (except for the L word, which I can't mention because Sticky Icky and Matthyioeuaouw will get all excitable).

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Physics news on Phys.org
"absolutely bod" bloddy hell mate, could you translate that to american english? I am going go guess absolutely nothing.

If so, congrats, and enjoy!

WOOOOOOOOO!
YAAAAAAAAAA!

and a little woopee for Leeeeeeds!

brewnog said:

I have 91 days of doing absolutely bod all now,
Congrats! Enjoy your summer off...make it memorable since it's the last summer you're going to get off until you retire now. :devil:

(except for the L word, which I can't mention because Sticky Icky and Matthyioeuaouw will get all excitable).
LOL! I love how his name gets longer each time someone tries to write it...just keep throwing a few more vowels in. :rofl:
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Matthyaeeieeiooouw
And on that farm he had some sheep
Matthyeeeiiiieeeeeiiiioooooow
With a Danger here and an Artman there
Matthyeeeeeeiiiiiieeeeeiiiiiioooooooooow :bugeye:

Welcome to the realm of the working stiff! Enjoy that last summer. Damn I am jealous.

Congrats, lad! Have fun doing nothing; there won't be many more chances.

icvotria said:
and a little woopee for Leeeeeeds!
Until you said that, I thought he meant that he was going to employ my trick of dressing up as a lesbian and hitting the gay bars. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Matthyaeeieeiooouw
:rofl: :rofl: Of course you know that Art and I want a cut of the royalties when you release the CD.

Moonbear said:
LOL! I love how his name gets longer each time someone tries to write it...just keep throwing a few more vowels in. :rofl:
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Matthyaeeieeiooouw
:rofl:

The smilies have moved AGAIN! :grumpy:

Enjoy your summer off brewnog!

Danger said:
Until you said that, I thought he meant that he was going to employ my trick of dressing up as a lesbian and hitting the gay bars. :biggrin:

Man u are too cool ...Extremely wiity
:biggrin:

The Summer holidays??

Congratulations and damn you!

I have so much work over here and you are on holidays yet??

Ok, everybody knows that englishmen usually don't work too hard...

wow a whole summer off ! hope you have loads of fun, and yes every once in a while raise your glass to the working stiffs. Enjoy

heman said:
Man u are too cool
Thanks... but if it were true I wouldn't have to resort to tactics like that.

Danger said:
Thanks... but if it were true I wouldn't have to resort to tactics like that.
o:) pragmatic, as always...ever considered politics, Danger ?

regards
marlon

marlon said:
o:) pragmatic, as always...ever considered politics, Danger ?
Negative. I have my own (copyrighted) Rule of Politics: Anyone who is possessed of the sort of mentality that is required to run for public office is unfit to hold it. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Negative. I have my own (copyrighted) Rule of Politics: Anyone who is possessed of the sort of mentality that is required to run for public office is unfit to hold it. :biggrin:

true words of wisdom, mr President...
Can i be assigned to the post of defence secretary o:) ...i hate war :uhh:

marlon

marlon said:
i hate war :uhh:
Who better to prevent it? Welcome aboard! :biggrin:

edit: You do realize that it would be 'Mr. Prime Minister' and 'Minister of Defense', right?

brewnog said:

I have 91 days of doing absolutely bod all now,

Woo, time off! I finished in May. life is good :D

(except for the L word, which I can't mention because Sticky Icky and Matthyioeuaouw will get all excitable).

L word? WOOLEEDSFESTIVALYAY!

Thanks all!

Clausius said:
Ok, everybody knows that englishmen usually don't work too hard...

I can't believe I'm hearing that from a Spaniard!

A few hours work in the morning, then you all bugger off back to bed for the rest of the day, and you're calling the English lazy?! :biggrin:

Mattyaliunhfneyubdouw said:
L word? WOOLEEDSFESTIVALYAY!

I hate to shatter the illusion, but "WOOLEEDSFESTIVALYAY" doesn't begin with L.

brewnog said:
I can't believe I'm hearing that from a Spaniard!

A few hours work in the morning, then you all bugger off back to bed for the rest of the day, and you're calling the English lazy?! :biggrin:

COngratulations, you have discovered how much ironic were my words.

Well, take advantage of this time of rest. I think next year would be a difficult one working at an enterprise: stress..., burning,...nice secretaries and so on.

Clausius2 said:
COngratulations, you have discovered how much ironic were my words.

Ha, I wasn't entirely sure!

Claus said:
Well, take advantage of this time of rest. I think next year would be a difficult one working at an enterprise: stress..., burning,...nice secretaries and so on.

Every passing moment makes me wonder whether you're doing the better thing by staying in academia. Time will tell, my friend!

Clausius2 said:

i didn't read that properly... i was trying to understand why you spainiards set your secretaries on fire...

Gale17 said:
i didn't read that properly... i was trying to understand why you spainiards set your secretaries on fire...

It didn't even cross my mind that that was a weird thing to be doing...

brewnog said:
It didn't even cross my mind that that was a weird thing to be doing...
You know how much trouble Yanks have with the subtler concepts of civilized society, like combustible employees.

NOTE TO SELF: avoid international secretary posistions...

Gale17 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

brewnog said:

I hate to shatter the illusion, but "WOOLEEDSFESTIVALYAY" doesn't begin with L.

...quiet, you.

Gale17 said:

There was a comma between burning and secretaries... :wink:

Anyway, we spaniards usually burn secretaries in another way: they feel usually burned out because an spaniard boss will always flirt with his secretary by definition. :!)

1. What should I do after I finish my last exam?

It is important to take a break and rest after completing your last exam. This will help you relax and recharge before moving on to your next task.

2. How can I celebrate finishing my last exam?

You can celebrate in whatever way makes you happy, whether it's going out with friends, treating yourself to something special, or simply taking a moment to reflect on your accomplishments.

3. Can I start studying for my next exam right away?

It is generally recommended to take a break and give yourself some time to unwind before starting to study for your next exam. This will help prevent burnout and allow you to approach your next exam with a clear and focused mind.

4. What should I do if I am worried about my performance on my last exam?

If you are concerned about your performance on your last exam, it may be helpful to talk to your instructor or a trusted advisor. They can provide guidance and support, and help you come up with a plan for improvement in the future.

5. How can I stay motivated after finishing my last exam?

Setting new goals and creating a plan for achieving them can help you stay motivated after completing your last exam. You can also reward yourself for your hard work and remind yourself of the bigger picture and why you are pursuing your education.